1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

sx string spacing question...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jvanick, Apr 27, 2010.

1. jvanick

jvanick

Mar 8, 2010
    Cary, IL
    I'm currently playing a Ibanez BTB400 with what I believe to be 19mm string spacing (if I'm incorrect, please let me know so I don't ask that question again!).

I'm looking for a cheap 4-string bass to get to string up in BEAD.

Since the SX's are cheap, it would be a perfect bass to get to do this with, but I'm worried about the string spacing...

I REALLY like wide spaced strings, (one of the reasons I don't really enjoy playing my 5 string Schecter).

Can somebody tell me what the string spacing on the SX is? Or if there's other cheap options out there for something with wide spacing. (less than $300).

Thanks!
    -J

2. I have an SX PJ and while i am at work, i can say that the string spacing is pretty wide. I preffer wider necks myself.

Just get a P or P/J and you should be very happy with the string spacing, and the bass in general.