1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Take it or Leave it

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CharlieCraver, May 1, 2009.

1. Just curious, how many of you guys leave your rigs in your rehearsal space or take it home after every practice?

2. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I leave mine. There are pros and cons to both, but the pros outweigh for me.

3. BassScum

BassScum

May 1, 2008
    So Cal
    Just my cab. Everything else goes home and I have another cab at home for practice.

4. I take it with me...never know who you can trust...

5. jnuts1

jnuts1

Nov 13, 2007
    i leave mine in my space. it is very secure with special keys & passcodes. we are even working on a secret handshake! i just don't see the point of me taking my amp home to turn around & bring it back the next day.

but i do have a couple of practice amps at home to use.

6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I leave my rehearsal gear at the rehearsal studio, including a bass. But it's as secure a place as any, and splits my gear up so it's not all in one location.

7. 3toes

3toes

Aug 30, 2006
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    If I'm coming back within a day or two, I leave it. Otherwise I take it home since I don't have a separate practice rig.

8. joeyjazz

joeyjazz

Feb 6, 2009
    Chicago
    When I had an SVT-4Pro in a rack I left it at the practice space because it was too heavy to carry around everywhere and it wasn't a shared space so it was very secure. Now that I have a LMII I take it with me and my cab stays at home because both spaces we practice in have cabs available for me to use.

If we were playing in a shared space or a space that I didn't feel was very secure (which would be any place that isn't owned by a trusted friend) there's no way in hell I'd leave any of my gear there. I lost a Mesa Boogie 412 guitar cab years ago because I let a friend temporarily store it in what we were assured was a securely locked storage room at a space he was renting to put on shows. Never again.

9. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    My rehearsal rig is my F1 and AE210. I take back and forth we me for each rehearsal.

10. Leave my gear (cab and all) at the practice spot,except my bass.It goes where i go.As for gigs,I leave my cab,take e/thing else home w/me.

11. neuman

neuman Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO 'burbs
    I haul my bass and effects back and forth but leave power supplies, amp, stands, etc... in our practice space. Just easier and more convenient.

12. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Leave my cabs, take my head.

13. Passinwind

Passinwind I am Passinwind and some of you are not. Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    +1

14. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Make that +2

15. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder/Owner: Wing Instruments
    Leave the cabs, take the head.

16. vagus

vagus

Feb 8, 2009
    Denver
    I leave it all, including my bass. Security is not an issue, and if I can't trust my band mates with my gear - I wouldn't be playing with them.

17. +1, i have one Avatar SB112 @ practice and one @ home, NeoPak and bass travel with me as they aren't too difficult to schlep

18. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    I freelance and play regularly with several different artists, so I seldom rehearse in the same spot twice. Or at least not twice in a row. So I take everything with me. But this thread is probably aimed more at folks who are dedicated to a single band or artist, so I apologize for the OT ...

Cheers,
    Liam

19. experimental bassist

experimental bassist

Mar 15, 2009
    We keep our rehearsal volume low, so I get along just fine with a old Crate B80XL combo that stays put in our practice room at my drummer's place. ;)

20. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I leave it - since the rehearsal space is at my house :)

Back when we were briefly using another rehearsal space I left my head and cab, took my bass.