1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tascam DP-006 (/DP-004)

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Chicory Blue, Jan 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Chicory Blue

Chicory Blue Secretly Queen of the Moon Supporting Member

While looking to push away a bit from using my computer as a recording device and toward something more portable, these little devices caught my eye. Forever a sucker for tiny things that fit into my gig bag (nothing like the freedom of having everything I need on my person and yet both hands free), I'm more than a little smitten.

Time to reality-check, though. Does anyone have any experience using these? Are they any good? Is the newer model significantly better than the older?

Lay some truths on me, TB.

--^@

2. I believe the 006 you could not "stereo" track off one input whereas the DP-008EX you can.

I have the DP-008EX. Good unit. Get the a/c power adaptor too. Batteries work,yes...but they don't last very long.

I would go for that one rather than the 006.

The DP-008EX has "A" input and "B" input. So if you're fixing to record anymore than two inputs at once you may need to look elsewhere. But it will "bounce".
    It also has onboard mics.

Let's say you were recording a vocal on "A" with one external mic.

You can make that a stereo vocal by assigning tracks 1 and 2 (or other pairs of tracks) to input "A".

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  3. jasmangan

jasmangan

Jul 13, 2008
    I have the zoom 4hn. Love that little tool. With minimal effort using the onboard stereo mic’s as well as the additional 2 inputs I can get clear recordings of my loud band. I mike the bass drum, position the stereo mic’s to catch the set and a guitar, and place a mic to catch the bass and another guitar. Not exactly separated, but very clear and listenable. I think they go for around $200 now.