Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tech 21 Landmark 60

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MichiBass, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Hey!

I am looking for a tube sounding solid state rehersal combo. 60 W are enough for me...

Does anyone has this?

[​IMG]

Specs here :

http://www.tech21nyc.com/lm60.html

Interesting that this combo has the SANS AMP circuitry integrated. The speaker has 100 W and the amp 60 W so nothing can go wrong...

Does anyone own this amp?

Opinions, thoughts, comments?

2. PeppermanL2K

PeppermanL2K ...and on the 8th day, God created the Habanero.

Feb 3, 2006
    Huntsville, AL
    I used to, and really liked it! It just couldn't keep up with the sound of the band. But, as a rehearsal combo, OR perhaps an on-stage bass monitor, since the SansAmp circuit is there, it would be great! IMO, of course.

3. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I borrowed a LM60 from the guitar store and tried it with my church band. I already knew what the RBI preamp sounds like and was hoping for a good combo with the rbi built in. I WAS DISAPPOINTED. the 60w is not loud enough for anything more than an acoustic band w/o drums or practicing at home alone. the combo had a "boxy" sound that I didn't like either. I returned it the next day.

the "tube sounding" tech 21 is a bit over rated. The RBI or BDDI pedal can improve bad sounding basses or preamps or combos, but it is not really In my opinion a "tube" sound. but it can be an improvement on cheap gear. the "sansamp" sound can sound good with the right gear and to the right ear.

I currently have a RBI/Stewart amp setup and don't foresee letting it go soon, but the Landmark combo was disappointing for me. I'm currently buying a second "rig" consisting of an Eden wt550 (with a real tube in the preamp) to go with my third aguilar gs112.

if you can find a eden WT300 (older model eden) for about $400 you'll be sounding miles ahead of the LM60, even the RBI preamp!! in my opinion, then get a decent cab for a couple hundred bucks!, maybe a gs112??

Sorry to pop your bubble, but thats my opinion on the subject. good luck!;)

4. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    tried in a shop when i bought my landmark600 head and I was impressed. obviously wattage is low and the combo is devoted to practice and small acoustic gig. the tone is there. if , as you say, think that the 60Ware enough, i can suggest it, otherwise try the bigger ones.
    another interesting combo is the ampeg b100r, really old school sounding.

5. What about the 120 W version? 15"

6. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
  7. Others who have the LM 60?