Tech 21 Landmark 60

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MichiBass, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Hey!

I am looking for a tube sounding solid state rehersal combo. 60 W are enough for me...

Does anyone has this?

Specs here :

Interesting that this combo has the SANS AMP circuitry integrated. The speaker has 100 W and the amp 60 W so nothing can go wrong...

Does anyone own this amp?

Opinions, thoughts, comments?
  2. PeppermanL2K

PeppermanL2K ...and on the 8th day, God created the Habanero.

Feb 3, 2006
    Huntsville, AL
    I used to, and really liked it! It just couldn't keep up with the sound of the band. But, as a rehearsal combo, OR perhaps an on-stage bass monitor, since the SansAmp circuit is there, it would be great! IMO, of course.
  3. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I borrowed a LM60 from the guitar store and tried it with my church band. I already knew what the RBI preamp sounds like and was hoping for a good combo with the rbi built in. I WAS DISAPPOINTED. the 60w is not loud enough for anything more than an acoustic band w/o drums or practicing at home alone. the combo had a "boxy" sound that I didn't like either. I returned it the next day.

the "tube sounding" tech 21 is a bit over rated. The RBI or BDDI pedal can improve bad sounding basses or preamps or combos, but it is not really In my opinion a "tube" sound. but it can be an improvement on cheap gear. the "sansamp" sound can sound good with the right gear and to the right ear.

I currently have a RBI/Stewart amp setup and don't foresee letting it go soon, but the Landmark combo was disappointing for me. I'm currently buying a second "rig" consisting of an Eden wt550 (with a real tube in the preamp) to go with my third aguilar gs112.

if you can find a eden WT300 (older model eden) for about $400 you'll be sounding miles ahead of the LM60, even the RBI preamp!! in my opinion, then get a decent cab for a couple hundred bucks!, maybe a gs112??

Sorry to pop your bubble, but thats my opinion on the subject. good luck!;)
  4. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    tried in a shop when i bought my landmark600 head and I was impressed. obviously wattage is low and the combo is devoted to practice and small acoustic gig. the tone is there. if , as you say, think that the 60Ware enough, i can suggest it, otherwise try the bigger ones.
    another interesting combo is the ampeg b100r, really old school sounding.
  5. What about the 120 W version? 15"
  6. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
  7. Others who have the LM 60?