Tech 21 Para Driver

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Yorkiebassist, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Yorkiebassist

Dec 20, 2005
    One of these has jsut come up for sale, and I was wondering what kidna sound you can get with its variable frequency mid? Is it a very big imporvement on the Bass Driver? I have a BDDI, and was wondering if it was worth me shelling out £150 for this Para Driver, as I need a mid, but don't know what it will sound like, does anyone have any sound clips please? Any advice would be appreciated.
  2. My question too... I've never had a good answer on this question since about no-one over here owns this unit...
  3. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I know someone with this unit,

He says its very good far more useful than the BDDI but he doesn't use the drive feature he's using it just like a 3 band eq nothing more. It is more musical than the MXR M-80 eq

Erm that's pretty much all he ever said, I can't see it being a bad thing if you like the BDDI then all your gaining is a Mid control and loosing the presence control (I think), if you need a mid control then go for it.
  4. My major question is how this Para Driver sounds with overdriven settings... good, less good than the BDDI?
  5. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    It's exactly the same pedal and circuit other than it has a mid control, so it would sound exactly the same except you can control the mids
  6. Cool!

Now, if only someone could post some home-recorded samples of this (or de BDDI) pedal!!!!???
  7. 73jbass

Apr 17, 2004
    I got mine about 3 weeks ago,and I just love it. The overdrive circuit sounds very similar to the original BDDI.I got it mainly because of the variable mid feature. And it doesn't have that useless presence feature. I had the Sansamp RPM for a while,and thought it would be nice to have that in a pedal form. This is it. I can get a nice thick fingerstyle tone,to a gritty Geddy Lee tone out of the pedal. The variable mid function makes all the difference in the world.It is definitely more versitale than the BDDI, and sounds 10 times better than the MXR bass DI. This is one of those "can't live without" pedals. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
  8. Aha 73jbass, that was what I wanted to hear! Could you record some XLR-out samples, perhaps? ;)