1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Telling the difference between Ampegs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by stinger12345, Oct 8, 2009.

1. stinger12345

stinger12345

Jan 24, 2009
    Hayward, CA
    What are some key things to look for when telling the difference between USA and non-USA ampegs? I know the US ones have the logo on the top left of the grille and say "Ampeg" on it; and that the foreign ones have the logo on the bottom center of the cab. I've also noticed the foreign ones have a port on the bottom of the cab, do USA ones have that too?

The reason I'm asking is because I was looking at an BSE410HLF earlier (attached) and it just kind of looks like a foreign cab that someone put the logo on the top left to make it seem American. Have I completely dove into the shallow end, or do you get that same feeling too? I'm sort of new to Ampegs, so sorry for being a nuub!!

on_the_farm_10_08_09_002.

2. I had a BSE-410hlf; I don't think they were doing foreign builds then(00-01, IIRC). Also, there should be a sticker somewhere on w/e cab or amp that tells where it was made.

3. stinger12345

stinger12345

Jan 24, 2009
    Hayward, CA
    Oh ya duuuhhh *slapface* haha whoops