Texas Bassist Club!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by mjolnir, Jan 14, 2008.

1. mjolnir

mjolnir Thor's Hammer 2.1.3beta

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Hey, I like Lone Star!

:D

2. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Wellllll...it takes all kinds...

LOL!!!

Seriously...I actually liked their bock beer they came out with several years ago. But it didn't sell enough, so they quit making it.

Have you ever toured the brewery in S.A.? There are more taxidermy-ed mutant two-headed farm animals in there than you can shake a reachin'-stick at. And then they give you free beer at the end. Nice! You need a beer after you've seen all the two-headed goats and calves and fawns and snakes!

Cherie :D

russman likes this.
  3. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    24! YAY!!! 24 was a good year for me. I like 24.

Cherie

4. mjolnir

mjolnir Thor's Hammer 2.1.3beta

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I was weened on Bud Lite, and after that horse piss, Lone Star ain't half bad... :D

Never been to that brewery, but it definitely sounds... intriguing.

5. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    That explains so much! LOL!

If you're ever in S.A. for a few days, go to the Lone Star Brewery. Its a strange, funny, entertaining way to spend a hot summer afternoon. It isn't moving, or historical, or beautiful...its just weird fun! Kinda like the Snake Farm, but less educational. :D

Cherie

6. #22. sweet

7. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    23 here /fires both 6 shooters into the air and hollers

8. jimb213

jimb213

Nov 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    #26 in the hizzy! Can I have tequila to celebrate rather than lone star? or at least a shiner?

9. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

Jul 31, 2006
    Dallas
    Woo Hoo #19! I remember 19. It was a good year!

10. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Hey, last time I went I never got my beer! Those [email protected]@rds!
    #25 is here!

11. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Have you tried the new Shiner Black ale yet? Its too expensive for me right now...bein' broke and what-not. But I'm curious to hear if its worth the $13!

Cherie :)

12. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    No beer at the end of the tour? Those stinkers!!! They didn't even give you a wooden nickel for it? May Ozzy visit them soon! :ninja:;):D:bag:

Cherie ;)

13. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Hey Cherie,

I'll run and get some today and let you know.;)

14. jimb213

jimb213

Nov 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    I have tried it, and I don't really remember how it tasted, so I think it's nothing special. It wasn't good enough to make me think "wow this is great!" and it wasn't bad enough to make me spit it out. So basically a middle of the road dark beer.

15. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Huh...so prolly not worth the $13 Super S is charging for it. 'k. Thanks!

I wish Abita would sell their beers in Texas. They make some nice brews.

Cherie

16. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Let me know how you like it! JimB sez...meh, not so great, just ok. Let's get those revews in whilst I save up bucks for alcohol! LOL!

Cherie :D

17. jimb213

jimb213

Nov 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    I thought you could get Abita in Texas... they make turbodog, right? yeah, I just looked 'em up, and they make turbodog and purple haze, both of which I've seen around, if not in HEB then in liquor stores. I don't know that I've seen any of their other brews, though...

18. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    OH, YAY!!!!! :hyper:

The bartenders at The Watermark over in Columbia, LA, told me that Abita is not sold outside Louisiana. I'll be sure and enlighten them when I go back to get Mama in the spring!!!

Gawd, those are good brews! That Purple Haze reminds me of one of the old Celis brews. I sure do miss Celis Brewery. *Those* were *excellent* brews!

Well, gotta get the groceries put up and run over to the ice house and load up gear. Hubby and I both have rehearsals tonight, and all our stuff is at the ice house.

Cherie :bassist:

19. funkybassplayer

funkybassplayer Commercial User

Sep 16, 2003
    Longview, TX
    Nordstrand Audio, Epifani
    How about St. Arnold's beer out of houston. I love thier Lawnmower brew and thier recent Christmas was pretty good too.

20. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    twspalm likes this.