1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Thank you Deuce

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Gearhead17, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Roselle, IL
    My NYE show was great! I asked my sound man (Deuce) for 2 XLR's for my bass tone. One for my mic and one for my direct tone. When I was ready to start plugging stuff in - I saw two XLR's!! :eek: During sound check, he spent time on each signal and got everything sounding good together. I had distortion going to the amp only and a bass guitar only signal in the DI. It literally took him 2 minutes to dial my tone in. After running through 2.5 songs during the band sound check, he was good to go.

Oh, the lighting guy and the sound man were both bass players......probably helped....:bag:

It also helped that I kept the knob turning to a minimum, kept my stage volume in check, made sure I was not beating on the bass like a gorilla, and set the distortion tone to be a small boost when engaged.

Regardless, I think most of us on here just want to be treated like musicians rather than inaudible low end rumble-producers.

Thank you for accommodating me Deuce. I appreciated it.