1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The bass you'll always own.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 4sight, Jul 11, 2018.

1. The Rickenbacker on my avatar. Had it since '84.

2. Enzo88

Enzo88

Mar 22, 2018
    This beast, always and ever
    IMG_20180707_160334.

3. Barticus

Barticus Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2017
    NEOhio
    That's a cool bass, I've not seen this body style before.

4. Ken R

Ken R Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Howell NJ
    I've had many things I said I would "never" get rid of. Cars, motorcycles, guitars, basses. All have been sold in the last 40 years. I'm pretty sure I would not sell the basses I own that can not be replaced, or would be close to impossible to find another one exactly like it.
    Case in point. This Bongo is one of one ever made. It could not be replaced. I think I'll keep it! 0328172021b. 0328172022b.

Attached Files:

5. lhindrum

lhindrum

Mar 3, 2013
    My 60th Anniversary P-bass. I've owned and played many other basses but this is the one I keep coming back to. It's been wearing flats for many years and just feels like home.

6. onda'bass

onda'bass Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Buffalo Ny
    My Xotic XJ-5, it is all that and more to me and my tone, plays really well too :)

7. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    I have mentioned countless times that my ‘97 L2500 will never leave...what’s one more time between friends?
    I have a never seen another like it, then again, I have never seen two ‘97’s built exactly the same way...I think each one was different, so in a sense, each ‘97 out there is one of a kind.
    It’s just a beast and can cover all the traditional bass tones as close as possible to the real thing.

2F193498-9584-4BE4-B86E-8E09B99E2338.

8. Possibly my L-2500, even though it's no longer my main player (my LB-100 gets all the gigs these days). I've owned it for nearly 20 years, I'm still amazed at how versatile it is. It almost makes me wish I had a L-2000, too.

MonetBass and eastcoasteddie like this.
  9. Funny timing, just saw your post after finishing mine! Great minds think alike...what's the extra switch on yours ?

10. Definitely my Cort GB44; it was my first bass and a present from my father, so the sentimental value far outweighs the actual value. It’s a good bass in it’s own right, but I plan to eventually modify it and start using it in regular rotation again.

In the guitar world, my Squier strat isn’t going anywhere. That was a gift from my parents on my 18th birthday.

I have lots of instruments that I say I would never sell, but I know if my house was on fire, the first two I would grab would be my Cort and my Squier, even if I have instruments that cost literally 15x more.

MonetBass likes this.
  11. Jon Muir

Jon Muir

Jun 13, 2018
    Cincinnati, OH
    Just bought a stingray 5 HH in black with maple. It was my dream bass, and it's now my favorite bass. Great deal too!

BBassBassington likes this.
  12. Mktrat

Mktrat Seriously, are we not doing phrasing anymore? Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2013
    The Mitten
    7C09E1EE-6E9F-4CE5-A308-89801805BD69.

The Warzal..... FNA Jazzman body, MEC pickups, Aguilar OBP-3, and the best part is the Torzal Neck!!!

13. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
  14. These Rays are very rare. I would never sell mine. Basically I would never sell any bass of my arsenal. They are all keepers.

1.JPG

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  15. mouthmw

mouthmw

Jul 19, 2009
    Croatia
    Agreed, rare beauties and fantastic players.

IMG_2789.JPG

I've put a matte b/w/b pickguard, Nordstrand MM4.2 and John East MMSR preamp because I love the 90s Stingray black matte pickguard look and 70s Stingray tone (I've kept all the original parts of course). Now it's really personalized and just perfect to me.

16. This slightly battle scarred 1982 Pedulla Buzz. A6B4474F-7221-43BE-8B19-8066E846BCAD.

BBassBassington and Low84 like this.
  17. Mantis Tobaggan

Mantis Tobaggan Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2015
    Tampa, FL
    Probably all of them but definitely this one:

06179485-8BA3-4F85-B593-586B566FE7BC.

18. Mantis Tobaggan

Mantis Tobaggan Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2015
    Tampa, FL
    Is that the original anondized gold p/g? Awesone bass.

Rumbledore likes this.
  19. My 2 Wilkins PJ5s will never leave my possession.

20. This bass is only special to me... my P lyte... got a $100 in it and I use it every gig. lyte.

BBassBassington, MonetBass and 4sight like this.