1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The Big Free Music Related Software Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by thebassclef, Aug 15, 2006.

1. DeltaTango

DeltaTango

Mar 22, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    The Clave app by Andrew Milloy

Attached Files:

2. pklima

pklima Commercial User

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    Karoryfer Samples
    I've updated my free double bass, it now has legato and better vibrato, for anybody who needs a DB part on a track. I wanted to get the update done before the original hit 10000 downloads, but I missed by about a week...

Meatbass - Karoryfer Samples - Karoryfer Lecolds

irjason and RoadRanger like this.
  3. irjason

irjason In Memoriam

Nov 17, 2001
    Louisville, KY
  4. Ron Johnson

Ron Johnson

Nov 19, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    Tux Guitar is a good one!

It opens most tab files including Guitar Pro and PowerTab. Unlike Guitar Pro, it's free, and that means Tux Guitar doesn't have many options in terms of writing, but it reads just fine!

5. pklima

pklima Commercial User

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    Karoryfer Samples
    The KVR Developer Challenge is on, with 41 new free plugins/programs/sound libraries. One of them is an entry I worked on - Marie Ork, a female virtual death metal vocalist. You can register and vote on your favorites, too, with the winning entry's developer getting a trip to NAMM to present there. Of course, that would be HUGE for me.

KVR Audio Developer Challenge 2016

6. pklima

pklima Commercial User

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    Karoryfer Samples
    BigBasserino likes this.
  7. BigBasserino

BigBasserino

Apr 30, 2017
    Free beat making software: LMMS • Home . Like FL studio but free and lo-fi. This with audacity and I'd say you could easily put tracks out.

Marial likes this.
  8. BigBasserino

BigBasserino

Apr 30, 2017
    pklima likes this.
  9. BigBasserino

BigBasserino

Apr 30, 2017
  10. pklima

pklima Commercial User

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    Karoryfer Samples
    Yeah, my friends who are into rock always insisted I use that kit in their tracks, instead of bigger, more realistic and theoretically better kits. It really has the archetypal processed post-2000 hard rock drum sound.

11. BigBasserino

BigBasserino

Apr 30, 2017
    As in it sounds overly tight and isolated? That's kind of the impression I got. Personally I'm just after variety of sound. And potentially better midi grooves.

12. pklima

pklima Commercial User

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    Karoryfer Samples
  13. BigBasserino

BigBasserino

Apr 30, 2017
    Sweet sax recordings.

As For drums. ...compressing is good, I think. Lets you choose what you want to stand out. May sound unnatural but compressing/EQing repeatedly works for Vengeance.

Ever checked out Tweakbench? Good old video game sound vsts.

14. pklima

pklima Commercial User

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    Karoryfer Samples
    It's been a while, but got another freebie. A set of five bobobo drums from Ghana, and a cajon.

Gogodze Phu Vol I - Karoryfer Samples - Karoryfer Lecolds

Walkthrough video, to answer the inevitable "what do bobobo drums sound like, anyway" questions:

Also, there's another KVRDC this year, with an August 30 deadline - so quite a few free plugins and sample libraries should drop on that day. I might make one also.