The Big TB Sound Sample Thread

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Oct 22, 2005.

1. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Using this site to host them so you might be best to save them to your computer as I don't know how many downloads they will allow.

Now as you guys know I recommend lots of pedals so I thought I'd back this us with sound clips of most of them used separately and in combination.

All clips recorded using M-Audio Mobilepre and Garageband, ignore the hiss it's something to do with a ground loop i have when recording I'll sort it some time in the future but I feel this is a good reference for these pedals obviously your sound will be different from mine but at least you can see what the pedals are capable of and what you could possibly do with them.

Following clips recorded on a Modded MIM Fender Jazz with 60's RI pup's bass tuned DGCF with Heavy Rotosound Roundwounds.

Aria OD-10
    This pedal is made between 1983 and 1985 has a 2 stage footswitch that allows you to set 2 gain setting you should be able hear me switching between them, I also play with the tone knob on my bass and you can see how much it effects the sound.

Zoom UF-01 Ultra Fuzz
    Now I rave abot this pedal so it's time to back it up here you go.
    First couple of different settings then Fuzz into Dod FX25 , then Fuzz in to MXR Bass Auto Q and then I add my Dod fx35 Octoplus and try it with flanger and chorus and various combinations you should be able to tell which effect is being used when

Crowther Prunes and Custard
    Again another pedal I rave about, I add in various other pedals, these are my 18v Danelectro Cool Cat and the Dod fx25 I also run it with the zoom ultra fuzz so it gets really crazy.

18v Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus
    I love this pedal I'm yet to find a better chorus for me (not tried the new MXR one yet though), I add in the octaver I think in this clips.

MXR Bass Auto Q
    This is my fav filter, I use it with the other effects in this clip like flanger, chorus and octaver but you'll hear when those are clicked in and out.

Finally this is my tone that I use in my band, I'm using My band board and my Valenti Custom Jazz.
    When the tone changes that is me using my Zoom Power Drive Pedal which I'm currently using as a boost the tone sounds iffy on its own but cuts through a band like butter when needed. The whole tone sounds a bit more open through my amp but its pretty close (I use the tube in my amp as well to add to the tone).

This is my band board

and here is my current solo bass board pictured above my band board
  2. Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Nice boards, nice pedals, nice tones, nice one ;)
  3. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Right other misc sounds clips I've gathered.

Same setup as before but I think I was using my Ibanez Blazer (P Bass) with rounds (dead Rounds), These are pretty much just single pedals no real combinations.

Teaser Stallion

Dod FX25

Dod FX35 Octoplus
    Few effect combo's here but you'll hear them, I did some crazy things when I had more pedals like filter - octaver - filter and I did dist before and after this effect, again I can't remember it all there was alot I did.

EBS Bass IQ Auto Wah Mode

EBS Bass IQ Down Mode

EBS Bass IQ Up Mode

Boss AW-2

Aria FL-10 Flanger
    Various setting some crazier than others

Custom Guitar Noise Dirtbox - High Gain

Custom Guitar Noise Dirtbox - Low Gain

Akai Shred O Matic Tube Distortion Pedal

Akai Intelliphase
  4. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Dod 250 Od/Pre Gain at 10-11 O'clock

Dod 250 Od/Pre Gain at 1 O'clock

Dod Fx25b not the same as the FX25 clip above

Guyatone Bottom Wah Rocker BR-2
    MIM Modded Fender Jazz Strung with TI Jazz flats

Snarling Dogs Mold Spore Wah/Ring Mod Pedal

Danelectro French Toast
    Very Harsh! might want to turn down your speakers for this one

Dunlop 105q Bass Wah

Ibanez SB-7 Bass Synth

I apologise in advance for all the playing in these clips
  5. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I thought lug was from Texas.
  6. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
  7. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Re: lug

I see that you don't visit Harmony Central ;)

Hey thanks for the Prunes and CUstard and Catalinbread clips Tayste. I always wondered about those two pedals. Have you ever used a Liquid Sunshine (Subdecay) as well?
  8. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Mostly Whammy stuff, but "My Friend Fats" has some Reverse Delay and some Guv'nor on it. "Calm Like a Bomb" uses a 105Q as well as Guv'nor and Whammy.
  9. didn't we do this already, i remember it was called the pedal sample could get some samples off that...i remember i did a few nightbass clips there...
  10. Craggsy

May 24, 2005
    Any reason why you use a Whammy in Calm like a bomb?
  11. bob04

Aug 5, 2005
    Stourbridge, U.K.
    hey, anyone know where i could get one of them cool cat choruses over here in the u.k., the sample sounds lurvely. cheers.
  12. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Octave Down. Then I do some Octave Down to Octave Up jumps.
  13. the pieman

the pieman

May 22, 2005
    Durham, UK
  14. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
  15. spidersbass

Nov 29, 2004
    Downtown L.A.
    hey tayste, great thread

i'd like to hear a russian muff tested with both the Morley Wah and the Crybaby 105q wah. i want to hear whats the HUGE difference between the two... i just may want to have two wahs on my pedalboard :(
  16. vic_6

Dec 19, 2004
    Manila, Philippines
    tayste, you are the man! thanks for putting this up!!
  17. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Yes we did.

We kept trying to get people to jump onboard but only a few of us posted up.
    I have several Nightbass samples linked in that thread.
  18. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

A quick Guyatone TZ-2 sample. First 2 bars dry for comparison. Depth at 12 o'clock. Ooomphhh.

Korg G5 samples (pretty lame)

Fulltone BassDrive into TC Electronic SCF (I love this tone)

SansAmp BassDriver overdriven by a +10 dB clean boost (Boss LS-2)

3 little licks, each played with a clean tone and then with the SansAmp BassDriver on (3 different settings)
  19. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    The 2nd to last and 3rd to last are the same Jazz Ad, but it sounds good!