1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Combo Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ChefKen, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Got off easy for heresy. This time.

[​IMG]

2. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Wow.

3. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Wow.

4. Phyzzbin

Phyzzbin

Aug 14, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I understand. Works for me. :)
    'Cause this setup works for me!!! :bassist::bassist::bassist:

5. gsgbass

gsgbass "ROAD REX" Supporting Member

I'll just fall back to the [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  6. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

Um, ... well, ... uh, ... over in The Rumble Club there has been many very flagrant violations of said regulations. And many of us have just enjoyed the heck out of 'em! :roflmao:

7. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

I don't see no carpets! Looks like the design is seared into the hardwood floor!! As is only befitting of the subject. :eek:

8. Phyzzbin

Phyzzbin

Aug 14, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    gsgbass, No ruffled feathers here. I pulled the amp out because I use the effects loop and it was a royal PITA connecting/disconnecting everything.
    Hmm. The more I think about it… Oh well, I'll defer to the OP.
    All is well.

iagtrplyr, Morrighan, Giffro and 2 others like this.
  9. gsgbass

gsgbass "ROAD REX" Supporting Member

No problems here. [​IMG] My Mini Combo & Jazz talk to me. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2019 at 4:05 PM
    iagtrplyr, Morrighan and Giffro like this.
  10. Oh wow. Need more coffee.

And yeah swimming is for getting out of the water. Jeeze.

iagtrplyr and GonePlaid like this.
  11. D'OH!! I completely forgot I had requested one last year. I am fine just a little absent-minded at times. :)

12. Thank you oh Fearless Leader! I shall display my number proudly in my signature. I've had the Rumble for a few years now and I love it. My first time at using 10" speakers after 45+ years of using only 15s. The Rumble and my PBass were made for each other. The amp is LOUD and I rarely need to run through FOH. It's all I need in an amp and my back loves that it's only 36 lbs. :)

13. Yes it does! The extension cab adds a fullness to the tone. It's been said many times but vertically stacking those 4-10" speakers makes a huge difference. BUT I can still get a great vintage tone from the 500c alone.

14. bhendrix

bhendrix

May 2, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    They have wheels for a reason... But, you knew that already! Sometimes you just have to sacrifice on comfort to be "hip"! :cool:

iagtrplyr, GonePlaid, Giffro and 2 others like this.
  15. iagtrplyr

iagtrplyr Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Clinton, IA
    Gee Giff, I’d heard tale that sea creatures living around Australia were rather unusual, but that octopus looked strangely familiar to a bike strap I used on the back of my Schwinn ten-speed.

16. iagtrplyr

Apr 1, 2013
    Clinton, IA
    And I sincerely couldn’t be happier for you. Amplification is like alchemy. Each musician creates their own formula of what works best for them and they make it their own, much like you did.

As long as what you build fits your style and taste, it doesn’t mean squat what we call it. You’ll call it yours and that’s all that matters. Enjoy!

17. iagtrplyr

Apr 1, 2013
    Clinton, IA
    I trust you will return in good spirits, my bass-playing brotha. You play great bass and I have the evidence in my hard drive. Take the time and enjoy yourself. We’ll be here when you get back.

Giffro, Morrighan and GonePlaid like this.
  18. iagtrplyr

Apr 1, 2013
    Clinton, IA
    Good point, ‘Dog, but everyone knows the Rumble Club is a bunch of hellions who have little regard for the rules of nature. Some days I wish I could be more like them, but then again I wish I owned Giff’s red for hauling my gear. Very cool!

Giffro, G-Dog, Morrighan and 2 others like this.
  19. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    I havent gone yet wally...next Sunday 19th till about 24th (wally being a nice Aussie term for friend...sort of lolll)
    ps. I play mediocre bass my Fearless Leader...it just sounds great through my Fender Rumbles loll

PPS - This entry should put us back on Page 1 lolll

GonePlaid and Morrighan like this.
  20. iagtrplyr

Apr 1, 2013
    Clinton, IA
    Must be Saturday, the hallways are echoing. You guys are probably out jamming, band rehearsing, and maybe even gigging and that's totally cool. I'm in between work items and thought I'd cruise by to see what was going on.

A quick note on our first band rehearsal for Seven Nation Army. It's one of the conglomerations I'm in for this year's talent show, and by far the most fun because it's louder. I've left the Rumble 100 at school (don't even go there, ooblek has been banned at school for 100 years) and used it up on the auditorium stage yesterday. Admittedly, I pushed the 12 a little harder than I would normally, but she didn't sound too bad. Not enough for the actual show, but plenty of power for what we did yesterday.

My settings were my default for base Rumbles, lower the lows and low-mids, raise the high-mids and highs, add Vintage for old school (which it does in spades), run gain to noon and volume to 10:30. Brought my one-button pedal and kicked in the distortion channel during the chorus. Not bad, but no one is ever gonna say it's flat-out the best crunch in the bass world, IMHO, though it worked and was nice to have onboard. Time and tweaking was not my friend yesterday.

Still a blast moving from the music room at the end of one wing of our school to the gymnasium and NOT get back spasms out of it. My 100 may not be the end-all, but she sure is one of my all-time faves for how I use it, which is up to its normal limits.

The Stage 800 is coming in for the Big Show in three weeks, but if I absolutely had to use the 100, I'd run a cable to our PA for DI-use, keep the volume at a comfy level on stage, and rock out in front of kindergarteners all day long. The preschoolers during PE class sure loved our sound, but what's a four-year-old know?

Anyone wanna review of my BOSS Katana 50 combo? :bag: