1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Combo Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ChefKen, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    cacky-handed loll...maybe its Aussie-speak lol

Morrighan, GonePlaid and iagtrplyr like this.
  2. iagtrplyr

iagtrplyr Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Clinton, IA
    Welcome, expatmuso, you are officially member #133. Congrats! Please spread the word to your bass buddies that if they own themselves any kind of a combo amp, they're welcome here. Don't be a stranger...we've already got enough of those 'round these here parts, like me. :woot:

Morrighan, GonePlaid and Giffro like this.
  3. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    Now now Fearless Mike...you know I love you like a brother...you just need a good nights sleep and a couple days away with me next week...how soon can ya get here loll You can't be here every 5 mins especially after grading papers etc. My southpaw Iowa brother.

iagtrplyr, Morrighan and GonePlaid like this.
  4. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    I gotta go do a bit of shopping now for my trip away Sunday iag Mike and its about 1am for you..see you later and get some sleep wally loll

iagtrplyr, Morrighan and GonePlaid like this.
  5. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    Methinks our member bhendrix is saying from his post that he thinks WE are THE coolest club on TB..not just ONE of the coolest clubs that you posted Mike...and he as a noob is correcting you, the founder, nicely lol..its a compliment if I read it right lol.

6. expatmuso

expatmuso

Sep 3, 2015
    Thank you, glad to be aboard!

7. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

Well, of course, he's right. Young beni hendrix (any relation to jimi?) is obviously chuffed to be an elite member of The Combo Club, and rightfully so. But, alas, he has yet to learn the grace of our ... noblesse oblige [the inferred responsibility of privileged people to act with generosity and nobility toward those less privileged].

Boasting and braggadocio is repugnant and often produces the opposite of the intended effect when trying to lift up the downtrodden and heavy burdened. Let us, therefore, reach out in humbleness and modesty to our brothers and sisters in bassosity as bearers of The Light(weight) and The Power, be it Class D or otherwise; The Combo!

iagtrplyr, bhendrix, mikeyjm2 and 4 others like this.
  8. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    Dunno about the rest of you members but I'm speechless after G-Doggy's post...loll

9. bhendrix

bhendrix

May 2, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Lol - love it - that's why this club rocks! At 58, I'm "young" again :hyper:

No relation to Jimi unfortunately (that I'm aware of anyway) but if I only had a $1 for every time I've been asked that :laugh:

beni??????? and the jets???? :roflmao:

10. bhendrix

bhendrix

May 2, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Ah yes - you are wise Giffro! Your explanation to fearless leader was spot on! :thumbsup:

11. bhendrix

bhendrix

May 2, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    OK, so there's like a gazillion Rumbles there and a couple scans reveal not a single pic of a Blackstar. I know, like me, they are the new kids on the block - but as a fully initiated member of this elite club, I would respectfully request the inclusion of the fine Unity Bass Line from Blackstar Amplification! :cool:

Thank you - and may god bless!

12. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Hmmm, not very thorough scans, beni. Cool your jets! [Mumbling Gumble]Young 'uns got no respect for us elders. Harumpf![/Grumbling Mumble] But, I'm sure you won't miss all the BlackstarS next time. ;) But, seriously, bhendrix, thank you for bringing that to my attention. I assure you there was no intentional slight. :thumbsup: I've read nothing but good things about the new Unity. There's even a (the?) very vocal Fender fan who's impressed with the new Unity!

Anyone else here feel that their combo(s) are under-represented on the Combo Club Wiki page, or anything else that needs to be added there, just lemme know, by post or PM, either way. I want this to be your wiki page! :)

Go Combos!

13. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    Sighhh...there goes G-Doggy mumblin and grumblin his way along again lolll

14. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

tenor.

Hey! He-ey! Hey! You heard that?!? He-ey! Hey! Well, quit pickin' on this crabby ol' f:spit:rt! Or I'll give ya what for!! Hey! He-ey!

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  15. bhendrix

bhendrix

May 2, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Hmmmmmm - oh how I love a good mystery!

16. It's Blackstar and Vox amps on the showroom floor at the local brick and mortar.

Come to think of it, the only amps on the showroom floor are combos. So @pcake is correct about The March of Combo Amps at her GC. (This B&M here is a mom & pop that still sells <gasp> pianos.)

iagtrplyr, GonePlaid, Giffro and 2 others like this.
  17. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

But, probably no VX50BA amps, I bet. "I tell ya they just don't get no respect*! Even from Vox dealers."
    giphy (1).
    * From the previous name of this Club!

18. The Vox VX50BA is the first amp I looked for in the showroom. No dice. Crimminy. They're delighted to order one, I'm informed. But kind of in - if not amp nirvana now - then close.

19. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    Some dealers just show NO darn respect for their prospective and current customers.

iagtrplyr, GonePlaid and Morrighan like this.