Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Cremaster Cycle

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Against Will, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I wonder if anyone's seen this series of movies by Matt Barney. My friend owns a copy of the 3rd movie, because he's in it, and he showed it to me. The plot/point of the movie made a wooshing sound as it sailed over my head, but the imagery was extremely striking and memorable. I felt a strange attraction to the style, it was disturbing but also alluring.

I'm considering buying it, and possible the whole cycle if/when they come out on DVD. I'm wondering if anyone has seen the whole work (well...maybe not seeing as it's 7 hours long, but other parts of it) and has any comments on it.

2. suicas

suicas

Mar 12, 2004
    UK
    I've seen parts of it a few times, expect I'll the whole thing when it comes out on DVD.

Very enjoyable to watch on the whole, some great ideas and imagery, although a bit of digging around on the internet is needed to find out what it all means, and about some of the people in it (famous models, sculptors and artists that I've noticed so far).

Definitely worth watching, although probably not something you'd want to put on again and again.