Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The dreaded affliction...Senioritis!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by d8g3jdh, Mar 18, 2006.

1. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Ok, I want some help with this. In grade 12, lack motivation, University apps are in, and now I have no real reason to put all my effort into my work. Problem is, if I coast too much I may lose my acceptance's (of course, that's assuming that they arrive). Anyone got any tips to cure this dreaded disease? :(

2. Keep working, because the LAST thing you want is to be put on probation your first semester/trimester/quarter at university. I had a friend who got into Stanford and slacked like crazy in the spring of his senior year, to the extent that he failed a class and nearly got dumped by Stanford. His parents are Chinese immigrants, so you can imagine how pleasant it must have been at the dinner table every night... :eek:

3. I could come over and smack you around....

Rock on
    Eric

4. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Take it easy, but don't give up on work. Don't slack too much, but you can lay back a little bit.

5. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    Here's some Dalai Lama advice for you, and his religion is happiness, so there ya go:

Whenever you want to slack, don't.

I know your first reaction is "nice advice, man."

Realize that I'm 23, have been through senioritis 2 separate times, once as the editor of the college newspaper (not a good time to slack) and got through both times with incidental control over urges to slack.

There is no overall panacea. It is an urge-by-urge battle.

6. Smart slackers slack in moderation.

7. Unless the smart slackers don't have anything to slack off of, so their moderate slacking doesn't slack because there's no slacking off for the smart slackers to slack.

I'm not sure why I posted that....

Rock on
    Eric