The Fender Super Bassman 300 thread

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tim1, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Congrats! I've got the Neo 115 Bassman cabs. Mostly use just one. They sound great.

Old Bassman cabs, I can't speak Much for. I've only used the old pyramid 412, which wasn't much chop.

The Orange 115 is pretty much an EV TL606 cab, which are great. Im sure it'd sound great with the Super Bassman.

Can't say enough good about the Bassman Pro Neo 115s tho. Superb. See many of my posts in this thread that praise em.
    20160429_164158.jpg

2. flatwound62p

flatwound62p

Apr 24, 2017
    Australia
    Congratulations on getting the Super Bassman, awesomest amp ever :bassist: I totally agree with Rod. Neo 115 is perfectly voiced for this amp and if you're going up stairs every time it's about as light as a cab gets. No worries about cranking the 300 watts either, the neo takes it all. :)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
    Rezdog likes this.
  3. frankzelf

frankzelf

Jun 16, 2009
    IMAG1184.jpg
    I'd take the Bassman Neo 115 over the older Fender stuff, the 115 Neo is one of the lightest cabs I have and it sounds fantastic!

azwhofan, Rezdog and flatwound62p like this.
  4. Rich67

Rich67 Gold Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2019
    North of Austin, TX
    I've a Super Bassman 300 and play it with an Orange 1x15 and an Orange Mini 2x10. While it sounds great, the 1x15 is a beast to move.

As a friendly TB'er to another TB'er - I would not advocate for that cab in a 2 story house.

I'm really interested in the Neo cabs.

flatwound62p likes this.
  5. Vinz[35]

Vinz[35]

Jun 13, 2009
    Thanks everyone. It looks like you all agree on the neo cab ! I'll have to spare more money :D

azwhofan and flatwound62p like this.
  6. azwhofan

azwhofan Supporting Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Arizona
    My keyboardist paid me the ultimate compliment at our last gig. After the gig he pointed to the SB300 and said "that head!". Then proceeded to kiss it.
    I was one proud bassist :)

mntngrown, Rich67, G-Dog and 4 others like this.
  7. I've been using the Orange AD200B mostly of late. All this talk of the Neo 115 and the Super Bassman.....
    I'll have to pair em up next gig! :hyper::bassist:

Rich67, mattwear and Rezdog like this.
  8. TheDialog

TheDialog Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Baltimore
    The neo 15 is way easier to move when compared to the 410.
    Anyone else experience this?
    506F1917-F5DC-4546-BC6A-44783B3F7055.jpeg

9. mntngrown

mntngrown

Aug 18, 2007
    The lost Sierra
    I thought I would add my experience from today for the "auto bias" subject. My SB 300 has been in a storage case for a long while during no gig pandemic , and before that I often took the easy light weight solid state head route. Now that gigs are opening I put the SB 300, which has it's second auto bias unit via warranty, on a cab and warmed it up. The auto bias would go solid green for a little it would blink green too. I finally toggled the switch from normal to warm. Walked away for 1/2 hour and came back to solid green! toggled back to normal and came came back 1/2 hour to solid green! Despite what the manual says about the tubes being old, I think Rip Van Winkle just needed some time to warm up and wipe the sleep out of it's eyes. The tubes are old by time they don't have a lot of playing hours.

10. flatwound62p

flatwound62p

Apr 24, 2017
    Australia
    Thanks for the post. Haven't fired mine up for a couple of months for the same reason. Time to blow the cobwebs away and make sure it's all still good before I need it :thumbsup:

mattwear and mntngrown like this.
  11. Yes, was gonna fire up the SB300 last night, but the venue, ... cough... Crown Plaza... cough..... has really poor access, so ' just' took the B|AMP and HG410
    Next Friday night I'll be sure to take the SB300 and a single 115 Bassman Pro..(the cab is at the rehearsal room, so I'll get the drummer to bring it :bassist:)

12. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada/Motown
    Greetings from the North,

As long as you've pulled all the power tubes and properly boxed them in silk & wool before putting them in storage....

Nah.... Just kidding! Everythang should be fine. A little cleaning in worst case scenarios maybe but otherwise just fire em up and start Rockin!

Rezdog

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
    flatwound62p and mattwear like this.
  13. Well I did use the Super Bassman thru a single Bassman 115 and it was a pretty raucous, loud pub gig. Hard rock. Didn't really have quite enough cab for the job, but the 115 Pro Neo took it and delivered in all its overdriven gory glory. Was real fun. But I really shoulda taken the NV215 or another Bassman 115.
    Didn't get pics of rig, but cuppla fb gig shots from random folk
    They were getting into it, so it must've sounded good out front. FB_IMG_1626079103009.jpg FB_IMG_1626079120090.jpg

14. Rich67

Rich67 Gold Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2019
    North of Austin, TX
    Note to self - 2 1x15's with my SB.
    Not nearly as fun as you had, but I was able to use my SB through 2 1x15 Bassman cabs at practice this weekend. With a footswitch for channels, I am wondering if I need a pedalboard...
    Great pix, so good to see folks out and enjoying live music.

15. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

Is that your rig right behind you, roddy? Lookin' good!

SB300 Gig-.jpg

16. Yep. SB300 on 115 Bassman, on a black covered milk crate :smug:

mattwear, Rezdog and G-Dog like this.
  17. pre-cbs

pre-cbs

Mar 2, 2007
    San Diego
    I recently picked up a Berg NV215 and had a couple gigs in the wild with it. Not light, but all smiles here.

9E8639E1-FE15-4092-A2F0-6DC44C28459A.jpeg

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021