Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Ibanez Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Marcus, Jan 29, 2006.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. After constantly seeing thread after thread of custom luthier, and arbitrary high-end clubs/mega-threads, it's about time for some Ibanez love around here... there's far too much hate with the whole "I-been-had" nonsense, so for all the Ibby fans and lovers out there, post some pics of your weapon of choice and let's get this thing rolling. Let's try to keep it civil too... I want to see some love here.

Here're my prizes -

Ibanez 1206 (Pete Skjold is currently designing a ramp for this bass, which I should have installed in the near-future)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ibanez RKB900

[​IMG]

2. GSRLessard14

GSRLessard14 All-Things-Claypool Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2005
    Newington, CT
    I'm going to be posting a couple ibanezes for sale on here soon, so ibe fans keep an eye on the classifieds forum. I have a BTB1000 and a GSR200 that'll be up for grabs shortly.

3. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

there's my baby. It's a SR1006LEBP (limited edition burled poplar). She has custom bartolini pickups, and a Vari-mid 4 band preamp. I don't mean to be biased or anything, but this is the most beautiful Ibanez I've seen, others have said so as well.

She plays like a dream and I'm never giving her up.

Greg

4. Dude, we have the same bass o_O. Mine needs a ramp too, approx how much is he charging you?
    PM me if you don't want to say it here.

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    [​IMG]

Oh Yeah! That's mine :smug:

6. fozzy

fozzy

Jun 21, 2001
    Riga, Latvia, EU
    Ibanez BTB 400QM BB

[​IMG]

7. Wow! Those are stunning!

-edit-

When and where did you get that Ibanez, James?

How old is it?

8. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    My contribution to this thread is this atrociously dark webcam pic of my trusty BTB405QM...

[​IMG]

I love and hate this bass....it sounds great, plays well and looks good, but I've been trying to sell it to fund new ventures for a good while and it just won't shift :crying:

9. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    You should try selling it on here, chris. I'm sure someone would buy it.

By the way, I've played Ibby's in the past, and always liked them. Heck, my 2nd bass was a cheapy Ibanez EX 4 stringer. I had 2 other ibby's after that, and I'm about to get my 4th within a couple of days. I'll post pics when I'm done working on it.

10. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I could and probably will try selling it on here, selling to a non TB british market, I was offering a stupid price and there were no takers :confused:

it must have been a bad week for buyers! That said, I've nothing but praise for Ibanez. For what you pay, you get good, solid basses I'm especially impressed with the BTB series in particular, for what you pay the sounds you can get are fierce!

11. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

I got it 2 years ago this coming March from eBay. It's an 82 I believe. Same as my first real bass :bassist:

12. accidently posted...

13. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    here is the one i had to return in order to fund my Carvin, but i love Ibanez nonetheless.

(sorry, bad pics) - SRX705
    [​IMG]

14. Oh, I forgot

I don't have this yet, but pretty soon I'm going to be trading a Carvin 6er for an Ibanez Roadster

[​IMG]

and heres a shot of an inlay that the current owner put on the headstock..
    [​IMG]

15. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    '97 Ibanez TR600 Expressionist II

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. How do you guys post pics without using 'Manage Attachments'?
    That only lets you do 2 thumbs.
    I want to show off my Ibby!

17. put it on a website like 'Photobucket' or something like that

then you copy the image location

and paste it between these

just dont leave a space

18. Yorkiebassist

Yorkiebassist

Dec 20, 2005
    I will get pics of my BTB 6 string up. There's some fine isntruments on show in this thread already!

19. Ah, thanks Panda. Sorry for the huuuge pics, but heres ya go.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry for big pics :/

20. My Ibanez MAB5BE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.