1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Moog Club - Time to get your synth on!!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mosfed, May 28, 2014.

1. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Hey fellas

Did a search after finding it beyond impossible that there was no Moog Club here on TalkBass. There is a Darkglass club (awesome club btw), 3 leaf, Eventide (man do I wish I had gear to join that bad boy), empress etc and NO Moog?!!? Blasphemy I tell you. Blasphemy.

Bob Moog was an absolute genius that changed music as we know it today.

Here is the link to an amazing documentary done on the man. If you haven't seen it, it is MORE than worth your time. Absolutely incredible.

So how about it? Who wants to join the official Moog club?

Criteria for membership is simple - owning anything made by Moog from their inception to today - from synths to pedals to mini-foogers etc. if you have an original MF-104 you get legendary status as that pedal to me absolutely defines delay.

Pictures not necessary but always appreciated.

On my current board I have a MF-101 low pass filter and a Mini-fooger Ring modulator with an expression pedal. As soon as they show up in Europe, I will definitely buy a mini-fooger delay. Hopefully a Cluster Flux and/or a Bass Murf is in my future as well.

image.jpg

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  2. M Sterling

M Sterling Gold Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    In with a Sub Phatty and a MF Boost. Love Moog gear!

I'll try to add some pics in a bit.

adi77 likes this.
  3. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    Count me in!

IMG_20140326_203336.jpg

fuzzspiral, adi77 and Mosfed like this.
  4. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Nice one dude! Have you noticed how much of a different pedal the MF-Ring is with an expression pedal? I almost can't believe they sell it without one.

5. RedMoses

RedMoses

Jul 4, 2012
    NYC
    Take the time to learn how to harness the power of this instrument one must, otherwise it's just an expensive stomp box.

1AA0510A-8EE6-4937-B971-862678D36382_zpsvzhz2iss.jpg

tightbidness, Mosfed and adi77 like this.
  6. adi77

adi77 Inactive

Mar 15, 2007
    bombay
    hi mosfed i'm in..
    the moog is really more than a pedal, its a monosynth, a dub bass monster and it does stuff i can't even describe.. it took me exactly a minute to play it and say "how much"
    here's mine:
    DSC00718.JPG DSC00719.JPG

with some other pedals i'm tripping out on right now :)

DSC00720.JPG

..and here's the mp3 from yesterday, managed to convert in VLC. garage band doesn't save mp3s.. weird

Attached Files:

SiliconElle, Dejavu_Jones and Mosfed like this.
  7. karstetterpj

karstetterpj

Apr 27, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    Commercial User
    Count me in! I picked up the 12 stage phaser back in March and love it! IMAG0288-1.jpg

adi77 likes this.
  8. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    For sure! I can't imagine ever using it without an expression pedal. So glad I purchased them both at the same time. I would really be missing out if I didn't.

9. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Has anyone heard the new mini-fooger delay? Especially anyone who has a Mf-104? That has to be one of the most exciting new products to come out on a very long time for me. Not available here in Europe quite yet...

Anyone in the US have their paws on one?

10. Nno Mar

Nno Mar

May 4, 2012
    Wish I had an all moog pedalboard. Well, I'll have to survive with this :)
    [​IMG]

11. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    Uh. I think this will do just fine. One day I will have an all Moog sister board. Ya know if I come across a lot of money of course.

12. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Count me in. Though I no longer own any Foogers, I had the Bass Murf, Ringmod, and Freq Box. I still own my 2nd Little Phatty- along with several "other" brands of synths. The Phatty is my only real analog. Huge Moog fan.

adi77 likes this.
  13. sprag

sprag

Sep 15, 2011
    Melb Australia
    count me in.
    I'll take some pics later on

14. MPU

MPU

Sep 21, 2004
    Valkeala Finland
    I'm in with my Minitaur. WP_000124_zps86f231f5.jpg

15. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    The Minitaur pedal setup is very cool! Is that a custom build MPU?

16. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Brilliant.

Time to start assigning numbers then!

Mosfed #1
    M Sterling #2
    Assmusic17 #3
    RedMoses #4
    adi77 #5
    karstetterpj #6
    Nno Mar #7
    RickenBoogie #8
    Sprag #9
    MPU #10

Sick Minitaur MPU. Truly amazing.

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  17. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    That is the coolest idea ever! I am sure it is way cheaper than a Taurus too!

18. I'll play! I use my Voyager on just about every session I do.

19. blakelock

blakelock

Dec 16, 2009
    hi ya'lll,

i'm not really moog-head but found myself in ashville , NC this past weekend and visited the moog store. didn't have time for the full tour but i did play with a number of they're pedals. they had this funny 6 string bass with these tiny strings tuned an octave up (gitarrr, i think) hooked up to some mini pedals. i tried this out but they didn't ahve it hooked up to the big foogers!

i'm interested in how i could use the clusterflux, 12 stage filter, and LP filter pedals. can you describe how these would be used and/or post audio links?

20. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    The ClusterFlux is a Chorus/Flange pedal. So it can be used to add shimmering chorus or awesome Jet Flange. The 12 Stage Phaser is just that a Phaser. And the Low Pass filter can be used for all sorts of things. From funky bass lines to Subtle warble. There really is no right and wrong way to use them. Your imagination holds no bounds! They are great on many instruments and can be used from keys, to guitar/bass, drums, whatever you can think of!

There are tons of demos on these! Bass ones are harder to find but they are out there if ya look hard enough.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 23, 2021