1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ulasengin, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    I'd stick with the ones that come on it to start with...

Their strings are usually pretty nice....:thumbsup:

BassmanM likes this.
  2. BassmanM

BassmanM

Feb 17, 2011
    Hamburg, Germany
    What he said. :thumbsup:

3. Nashrakh

Nashrakh

Aug 16, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    How do their in-house strings compare to other brands? (As in, "they're comparable to string set X just with less/more Y") Or are they just rebrands? (Which would not be unusual because most manufacturers don't wind their own strings)

4. DaveAceofBass

DaveAceofBass Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    The in-house strings are really stiff. I prefer more flexible lower tension strings.

5. gln1955

gln1955 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    I liked the flats that came on mine, but the the G-string slowly developed a dead spot. I've never seen that happen with a set of flats.

Fat Freddy likes this.
  6. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    Yeah....Both of mine have come with flats.....No problems here though....

7. gigetto

gigetto

Sep 25, 2019
    Maruszczyck strings are good, i've one on my Elwood L4 long lasting, not twanging it depends from availability in stock if your bass come with nickel or steel.

Nowadays on my elwood i've the Rotosound 66 .96 bright and not exessively rought, good sound.

8. Barticus

Barticus Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2017
    NEOhio
    Is there an extended scale option in the configurator?

I’ve gone through both the Frog and Sputnik configs but don’t see an option for extended scale or fanned... but I’ve seen fanned fret Frogs for sale, one on eBay now actually.

is this a custom option only?
    Or not possible?

9. flameknight00

flameknight00

Jan 20, 2019

I have emailed Adrian a couple of times with requirements that were not listed. He assured me that everything I wanted could be done.
    Some models are not available on certain scales. I read somewhere that fanned frets are available for an extra 150 but the best thing you can do is simply email him.

BassmanM and Barticus like this.
  10. Pierre Ganseman

Pierre Ganseman Commercial User

Jun 28, 2017
    Brussels
    Pro bass dealer based in europe(bassfreaks.net)
    it's possible. just email him. :)

11. gigetto

gigetto

Sep 25, 2019
    The Maruszczyck strings that i used were stainless .100 and were not heavy not very low tension but not hard too..