1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The official "Show your basses" thread part 19!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Damorand

Damorand

Oct 27, 2019
    Ascot UK
    Here's my little collection:

Left to right... Ibanez sr2605, ibanez 2389b (but it has weird dot markers, 2 dots on 7 and 17 and three dots on 12, I've never seen this before), fernandes apb90 (I think, purchased in Holland in the early 90's), hohner b2a which I love even with the emg selects... Cost me 70quid years ago..

Foreground... Alliance vp acoustic bass, again bought in holland in the early 90's still gets played a lot.. Lastly 'vintage' branded cheap 5 string I picked up to see if I could get on with them before I got the 2605

I need a 5 string fretless.....

IMG_20200107_130150__01~2.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    Giffro, gzarruk, ICM and 11 others like this.
  2. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    Get the Ibanez SRH505F while still available:
    p_region_SRH505F_NNF_1P_03_en_1.png

Giffro, EdBo, Nunovsky and 4 others like this.
  3. Damorand

Damorand

Oct 27, 2019
    Ascot UK
    That's one of the ones I'm thinking about... :)

Nunovsky and Aidil like this.
  4. tubatodd

tubatodd Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Birmingham, AL
    Just buy it! I have one and it's awesome.

Aidil and Damorand like this.
  5. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    Yeah, get one ASAP.

The Aerium SRH series is one of those Ibanez limited run models. The fretted 5 string version has ceased to exist from the catalog since last year. I was lucky enough to get one in 2018. It has become my preferred gigging bass due to the warm and woody sound it makes, epecially when the materials are mid to slow tempo, relaxed style of music. Not to mention the weight is practically nothing for a 5er.

the harp unstrung and Damorand like this.
  6. FLAT EARTH

FLAT EARTH

May 16, 2019
    Oregon

7. FLAT EARTH

FLAT EARTH

May 16, 2019
    Oregon
    Yea I’m not sure why it only ran 2years? I do wish they would re release these but with a better paint job.

Nunovsky likes this.
  8. Damorand

Damorand

Oct 27, 2019
    Ascot UK
    All right you got me.... I was going to give myself another 24 hours to stew on it but you got me convinced.

9. DoYouChop

DoYouChop

Jan 7, 2020
    Brice hxb2 405 headless - Seymour duncan asb bo5 - darkglass tone capsule on the way

Brice hxb2 405 - aguilar obp3 and seymour duncan asb bo5 on the way.

Sold basses
    Ibanez sgr 190
    Ltd b155
    Dean edge 09
    Westone pantera

Attached Files:

Giffro, TCaetano, fretno and 4 others like this.
  10. Hey all....Been busy this holiday season....work, rehearsals, gig life, friends having kids, friends celebrating divorces, and designing merch for my band, life pretty much whooped me in the a$$h0l3 this year....but anyways....

Walked into my local shop this past November, and was not interested in anything put a few pedals that they didn't have in stock, and additional stuff for both my guitar and bass flyrigs. Randomly I picked up a bass and was just trying to pass time with my lead guitarist, and I was already content with Katana (my Fender Aerodyne)....and it's kinda a long story here...so forgive me guys...

It's one of those times when it simply fell into my lap, and comfortably played everything I threw at her....Decendents style punk, a lil Bootsy/Wimbish funk, soft playing, pick heavy, finger style....It just played well....It wasn't till my guitarist was listening and watching me play asked "What does the switch do?"..."I dunno"....while I played, he flipped the switch....OMG moment when I heard my Aerodyne sound (I dialed her in during my 45 min session in the store plugged into a Fender Rumble Studio 40).

Clear punch, thundering boom, great sustain. Was fairly surprised that it's a full sized neck, and that it sat exactly between my short scale Jaguar ("Lyssa"), and Katana (Fender Aerodyne). Fairly small body design, so it is a great middle ground for me (size-wise) between my 2 girls....

I began to question my life choices (as I usually do when it comes to another decision like this :yawn: )...Asked the guy the price (he knows me and my lead cuz we buy our gear almost exclusivly from them)....There wasn't a price, but checked for me....With a ridgid soft case....$369

And that's where the fun began.....

He mentioned closeout....additional 15%....and last one in store....Floor model discount, 10%....I didn't want him to get into trouble, so I asked him is it even allowed to stack that many discounts. I also have a frequent buyer points saved up....additional 5% with all my points. At that moment, the Store manager (who also knows us) yelled out "Happy Thanksgiving, additional 25% off" (which was funny cuz me and my guitarist were the only ones in the store at that time, and they were already having a sale), but the bass wasn't even on sale at all....out the door with tax, roughly $210!!!!!!

And as soon as my card was charged, my guitarist asked "What you gonna name her?"...and for some reason, I blurted the name based on the comapny name...

Ladies and Gentlemen.....welcome to the armory....
    SADE :blackeye:
    Sire Marcus Miller M2
    Sade.png
    I never bothered to take pictures, cuz this one stays at home rather than at the studio, and makes the rounds at some of the gigs along with Katana which I've officially dubbed Scissor Sisters (don't ask :beaver::whistle:)....

11. Damorand

Damorand

Oct 27, 2019
    Ascot UK
    I did it, arrives tomorrow, my wife's going to kill me..

the harp unstrung, Aidil and EdBo like this.
  12. Makatak

Makatak

Apr 13, 2002
    New Zealand
    20190412_210009.jpg So " down " to these now. Sadowsky Metro MV4 Deep Cherry Metallic and Sterling Ray 34ca Vintage cream. Both incredibly well built basses with fantastically sturdy necks and faultless electronics. Happy camper .

13. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    Oceana (Pacifica) CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    Deep Cherry Metallic - nice colour :thumbsup:

14. -0q9jv8GQL0otnBub1KfumeYbIxm7jbR1o-AKWsWCgU7YcsBlcNosoqI9su7nJTmW4LGOmYYy9_TyB7ZBOA=w622-h829-no.jpg

- 1997 Music Man Sterling US
    - 2017 Fender Professional Jazz bass
    - 2019 Fender Ultra P bass

No changes or upgrades besides aesthetics on the Jazz bass with the black pickguard.

15. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    Can she spot a new one when you have more than 6 basses? :D

16. MovinTarget

MovinTarget

Jan 30, 2018
    Maryland, USA
    Hide it in her shoe closet, we all know she'll never dig to the bottom...

17. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    Congrats, Damorand..!!

though I have the fretted Aerium 5 already and also a Portamento 5 (as my fretless), still I envy you for able to get the fretless Aerium 5.

Not in my case... she likes to clean the entire house. Literally doing the cleaning works and implicitly getting rid of our old stuffs for charities. Regularly. Not to mention she's not a footwear collector with mountainous shoes like Imelda Marcos.

18. MovinTarget

MovinTarget

Jan 30, 2018
    Maryland, USA
    Then you sit her down all serious-like and explain, "Dear, sometimes when a Daddy Bass and a Mommy Bass love each other very very much, something magical happens..."

...then you gently "birth" it from its gig bag.

Either she will laugh and forgive you or she will still kill you but you get the last laugh.

19. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Latest addition:

Attached Files:

Giffro, PizzaFiend, Yammybass and 8 others like this.
  20. LennyJ

LennyJ Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2001
    Acworth, Georgia
    Still modifying - here is the present family.

2010 Fender American Special Jazz, Rob Allen Mouse & 1976 Fender Precision.

TC Electronic BQ250, Trace Elf 2x8 and Trace Elf 1x10 (2).

IMG_4298.jpg IMG_4299.jpg