1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Official Warwick Club (Part 4)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Apr 10, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
  2. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Mar 28, 2008
    Kansas City
    Regulated!!

3. woo!

4. mother_funker

mother_funker

Mar 14, 2010
    keep the club moving!!

5. grifff

grifff

Jan 5, 2009
    Towson, Maryland
    I need to get updated pics of my Warwicks....

6. SHWAG

SHWAG

Sep 8, 2009
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    My '04 Corvette Standard Fretless.

Attached Files:

7. AaronD

AaronD

Aug 30, 2009
    Ireland
    More Streamers! More Streamers!

8. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    Here's a Couple!

DSC00002.

DSC00161.

Both have Yummy Wenge Necks and Growling Voices.:bassist:

9. AaronD

AaronD

Aug 30, 2009
    Ireland
    ^^ I'm very jealous

10. All my pictures of my bass include me unfortunately but she is a sexy bass.

Attached Files:

11. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    I love the P-Nut! Sadly, I've never had the pleasure of trying one out. How does the tone differ from the SSII?:confused:

12. Quote:
    I love the P-Nut! Sadly, I've never had the pleasure of trying one out. How does the tone differ from the SSII?

Wow! That's a great question. I would have to say that I think that the tones of course are very similar without being able to try them out side by side. To me the Pnut II has a deeper and more defined mid section and low end but the SS II has a brighter sound overall. I love the sound of the Streamer Stage II, but this bass just knocked my socks off! Obviously with the pickup configuration and the open poles it sounds a bit like a Music Man on steroids. Both basses are great but you have so many more tonal choices with the Pnut basses. I think Warwick knocked it out the ball park with this design.

I wish I could answer your question better but again with out trying them out side by side; it is very hard to compare the two.
    To me over all the Pnut has a deep ground shacking low end, a wet bright high end and a very crisp mid section that cuts right through the mix with any band. Trust me! I played in a Metal band for a year and every note was felt by the band. My suggestion is if you ever get the chance to buy one do so.

13. dose

dose

Nov 2, 2008
    Mobile,AL
    Just picked this up a few days ago 07 LTD Flamin Blonde crappy pics though

Blonde.

Blondeback.

14. Nice looking bass! That pickup configuration is killer;I have it on my Pnut II.

15. Sbociol

Sbociol

Feb 24, 2009
    There you go...'97 LX with 3 pieces wenge neck

295tzsk.
    20ketxz.
    2d6ek5.

16. MooseLumps

MooseLumps Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    Hey Guys,
    Prospective Warwick owner here, and I was wondering if i could get some feedback about the Corvette body style vrs the Streamer body style. Supposing each had the same electronics package, they would sound relatively similar, no?

Also, I understand that the streamer body has more mass; in your experience, does the Corvette have worse neck dive? Has anyone ever snapped off the horn on a Corvette? Does one horn end up further up the neck than the other? Also, The streamer is probably heavier on average, correct?

The reason I ask is that I don't have the ability to try before I buy, as I'm moving on a limited deal.

I appreciate any feedback. Talkbass is the best for this sort of thing.

17. I'm a proud new owner of a 1998 bubinga vette (active) with an all Wenge neck (slim profile). I got it off a great fellow TBer on a local deal.

Anyway, two questions about the active preamp.

1. With the preamp disengaged (volume knob up), is there any battery discharge when plugged in?

2. How many typical playing hours can I expect from a good alcaline (i.e. Duracell).

I have been an exclusive Fender player till now. What great build, tone and feel difference from my other basses. Warwick thought of everything I need! The only drawback is the weight of the axe. It could take its toll on me on a 3-set night. But at this point I figure the sacrifice will be worth the gain.

18. MaddAnthony_59

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I'd go Streamer any day. I've owned several of each. Streamers aren't THAT much heavier, and balance So much nicer that they are less "Work" to play one for extended periods of time.

I've never Snapped anything on a Warwick, and I believe they both attach at about the 20th - 21st Fret, but the Horn on the Streamer goes to the 12th, were the "vettes are around Marker 15, hence the Neck Dive. (The neck dive isn't really that bad though...

All things being equal, the Streamer will get the Nod everytime. Corvette = Chevy(Everyone has one) Streamer = Buick(Not much difference, but a Step above a Chevy) But you won't go wrong with Either, especially a "Made in West Germany" Vintage model.

19. Sbociol

Sbociol

Feb 24, 2009
    bebop1,

1.Active Warwicks sport both an active preamp and active pick ups,so yes,even if the preamp is disengaged there will be battery consumption.

2.IIRC the average is about 3000 hours of playing.

20. MaddAnthony_59

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    No Pics, No Bass! (We want to see your Score!)

As to Q's:

1. I would ASSUME so. Even though you've bypassed it on the Tone Circut, the battery is engaged by pluggin in the jack. So, I'm guessing if you've Pulled the knob, turned your amp off, set your bass down for a couple of days and come back, you're going to have a Dead Battery...

2. I change my batteries every year, whether they need it or not. So I'm guessing a year as long as long as you remember to unplug them when not playing. I've read somewhere that 75 - 80 hours of Playing is typical wear for an Alkaline 9V battery. I have several Warwicks, so I don't just Grind on one battery all year long. But you'll know when it's Dead!:bag: (and it takes about a minute to change one out...)

Congrats on your Score!:bassist:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.