1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The Reverend Club (part 8)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Jun 22, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Turtle71

Turtle71

Aug 11, 2009
    Madison, WI
    I use foam similar to what you describe, I only really use it on my 4 string P-bass though, I tuck it between the strings & body, close enough to the bridge that my bridge cover "hides" most of it.

kenkell likes this.
  2. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    If I wanted a 5-string I'd buy one of the two on Reverb…I definitley like the maple fretboard which isn't available on the 4-string.

3. matrok

matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    Very cool Ken, will have to try it

Rezdog and kenkell like this.
  4. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    as for mutes, I have this coming in: NordyMute

kenkell and Turtle71 like this.
  5. raphaeld

raphaeld

Sep 19, 2012
    Israel
    This exactly. Sorry, I wasn't clear enough :smug:

6. raphaeld

raphaeld

Sep 19, 2012
    Israel
    More expensive on Reverb (at least for me!!), I've ordered the Turquoise Mercalli 5 FM from my local dealer.

7. Awesome!

Post pics snd thoughts when she arrives!

8. raphaeld

raphaeld

Sep 19, 2012
    Israel
    Thanks Daniel, for sure.
    Lead time would be something like 3-4 months though :bored:

9. Yip, that was me at this point last year- waiting for my Mercalli to arrive!

raphaeld likes this.
  10. It was worth the wait.

11. I am hoping these new basses are worth the wait

I'm sure they will be!

Lots of new Mercalli NBD threads floating around the last couple of months. Lots of people loving their Reverend instruments.

I'll be picking up a four banger Reverend next year I think - Mercalli 4, Justice and the Decision are all there in my thinking.

TBH - it will probably come down to color :cool:

Ophiothrix, Anhg77 and raphaeld like this.
  12. raphaeld

raphaeld

Sep 19, 2012
    Israel
    Still waiting!! and me too, would love a 4, but to me that would be the MeShell's sig one.
    aesthetically, it is gorgeous specially the white one!!

Ophiothrix and matrok like this.
  13. Does one have to adjust tuning or intonation with this mute?

raphaeld and kenkell like this.
  14. kenkell

kenkell

Apr 12, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Usually not with a mute put on correctly.

15. Hey pals! I've been looking at maybe pulling the trigger on a Rumblefish for a while, but I wanted to get your guys' input first. I'm intrigued by the design, but there are also a couple things that worry me some.

Do they ever feel like, flimsy? Or toy-like? The construction makes me think it might feel a little flimsy, would love some folks with experience to chime in though!!

And what's the quality of the hardware like? I don't mind swapping but for that kind of money I'd rather not have to.

Thanks all!

16. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    They are NOT flimsy! I use mine in a crossover/90's RATM style band where the playing style is very agressive. No aspect (sound, playability, hardware) of my R5L does present a limitation to do this.

matrok likes this.
  17. kenkell

kenkell

Apr 12, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    You really should try one before you buy (then you'll buy). Not flimsy at all. Quite the opposite. I have the BP review copy 2003 Rumblefish PJ - I put new strings (D'Addario Chromes) on it when I got it in 2003 and it became my main playing bass, with no downtime since then - except I did bust a tuner (that's on me) and replaced the whole set with Hipshot ultra-lights 6 years ago. It's still going after 15 years...

matrok and raphaeld like this.
  18. mdlewis

mdlewis Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Boston Metro
    I'd say just the opposite - I did a three week European stint several years ago with a band who was on tour for 8 weeks. The extremely aggressive guitarist used a Reverend slingshot (Rumblefish era phenolic guitar) as his ONLY guitar on this tour. No backups, no spares. And this was the like the fourth time he has done this. These things can really take a beating.

Of course I was using my Rumblefish PJ...stereo Reverends!

kenkell, matrok and raphaeld like this.
  19. IMG_0829.PNG I'll just leave this here.

pudge, kenkell, Turtle71 and 5 others like this.
  20. Ooooooooohh, these too!

IMG_0830.PNG IMG_0831.PNG

GregC, Joshua Feierman, sPiKi and 5 others like this.