1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Reverend Club (part 8)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Jun 22, 2013.

Tags:
  1. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
  2. aproud1

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Guess I'm back in. Currently undergoing further modification....

thumbnail_20190921_073055.

3. spike42

spike42 Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2007
  4. redstrand

redstrand Supporting Member

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    I'm rather fond of that headstock too:thumbsup:

aproud1 likes this.
  5. sPiKi

sPiKi

Jan 28, 2010
    Great video showcasing the Decision P, Raymond and Dub King. Enjoy i,,i

BeauZooka likes this.
  6. sPiKi

sPiKi

Jan 28, 2010
    This guitar is just so much fun to play. First pic is taken on a staircase in the club, where we go for a little walkabout mid song. Simple but the audience love it. GT 18. 2019-09-29 01.14.38.

Rezdog, Edgetone, BrentSimons and 6 others like this.
  7. Stugilliam

Stugilliam

Apr 28, 2016
    Eastern CT
    My Thundergun sports the same reverse headstock, might it be a T-Gun?

8. BaZZZZZ

BaZZZZZ

Sep 16, 2015
    Hi all! Who can tell about wiring or make photo of thick brick bridge pickup? Mercalli FM or Thundergun models? 5 wires: white, red, blue, black and ground.

9. aproud1

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Similar. A Meshell Ndegeocello Fellowship bass. I did change the pickup and made separate volume and tone controls. Now it out P basses the various P basses I've owned. Light too, just under 8 lbs. and perfectly balanced. I heard about neck dive with these but none of that on this example. The fretwork is impeccable. Board is dark but if I was blindfolded and playing this I'd swear it was a maple board.

Really a great bass stock and modified it's now perfect for me.

20191007_095134.

10. Stugilliam

Stugilliam

Apr 28, 2016
    Eastern CT
    I love it when I find a bass that just does everything I want. I even enjoy it when another fine bassist, like yourself, finds that perfect bass. Congratulations my friend!

aproud1 and comatosedragon like this.
  11. Hey guys, it's me again! Still absolutely loving my Triad. Anyway, was browsing the Reverend site, and came across this picture:
    5c1a6850e3b12ba1d3e80614_tri_PBST_b_4-p-1080.
    My Triad does not have that small circular plate. What is/was that? Did maybe the prototype have the selector switch up there, kind of like a Jaguar? Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  12. BTW, mine also does not have a block on the "1" fret. Every picture I have seen online (with the exception of one) the Triads have blocks one the "1" as well. Interesting!
    (or maybe not, maybe I'm just bored...):thumbsup:

13. chris4001asat

chris4001asat

Dec 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    Warehouse Manager : Reverend Guitars
    I don't recall the Triad ever having that plate. I'm thinking that picture isn't supposed to be there? I will check at work tomorrow, as well as the block inlays.

comatosedragon likes this.
  14. chris4001asat

chris4001asat

Dec 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    Warehouse Manager : Reverend Guitars
    That was the prototype. It had three volume knobs, and that plate was the tone knob. I couldn't find any Triads in the warehouse with an inlay on the one.

comatosedragon, GregC and BeauZooka like this.
  15. Wow, thanks! I appreciate the time you took to find that out for me! Thanks!

16. sPiKi

sPiKi

Jan 28, 2010
    I see Ken said yesterday on the FB live broadcast that the Raymond is being phased out of the line up. Hopefully some exciting replacements coming in 2020.

17. jmbjandfam

jmbjandfam Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Foxfire Village N.C.
    I wish they would do something more in a 5 string model.

18. redstrand

redstrand Supporting Member

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    I'm looking forward to the two pickup Watt model, seeing him next week...can't wait!

GregC likes this.
  19. melloncollie

melloncollie Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2016
    I’m excited for the second version of the watt. And the second version of the fatfish. I’d like to have both v1 and v2

GregC and comatosedragon like this.
  20. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I saw him last week here in Chicago. Still great! He’s breaking in a new drummer as the old one became a dad. I think the two-pickup model has more edge and clarity than the single-pup he had last time, I was digging it.

redstrand likes this.