The Samick Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JeffTheBig, Dec 26, 2006.

Tags:
  1. I know people here play all kinds of basses but i havent hurd many people say they play samick basses. myself i play a Samick 33OBG Artist Series 6 string bass.....are there any other samick players out there??

jeff

2. my first bass was a samick p bass, ive moved on now though

Kustom_Thunder likes this.
  3. Oliver

Oliver

Jun 21, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    same here,
    i sold my samick p bass copy only about 5 weeks ago,
    they'll always have a special place in my heart tho :)

4. Here is my 10-year old with his Samick-mini bass. Suprisingly good sound, and actually stays in tune, unlike many other small or student bass guitars.:bassist:

DSCN6585.jpg

djp420 and Booty Shaman like this.
  5. RareBear

RareBear

Oct 30, 2006
    Look at the attitude on that kid's mug with the hand gesture and what not. God bless ya. :D

-Liam- likes this.
  6. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    a Samick Corsair here. I defretted it, and I am refinishing it in hot pink this weekend :)

7. Here she is boys, Samick 33 OGB artist series 6 string with my new EMG 45 J's.:bassist:

100_0686.gif
    100_0684.gif

Neck-through baby!:smug:

100_0691.gif

8. I have a 6-string artist series too. Here it is:

[​IMG]

Sorry for the crappy picture, it was taken with my MacBook Pro's camera. I'll put some better ones up soon.

9. hey man .....is your bass red??:confused:

10. Thursday

Thursday

Nov 24, 2005
    Bronx, New York
    Bump, for the heck of it... and to get added...

11. ^If you're asking about mine, it's not red. It's like a charcoal-y/dark grey/greenish sort of color for the wings, and in the middle it's natural.

12. haha sorry about that ...it looked red in the pic. still i very nice bass. haha i found anouther one and he is willing to sell it to me but it needs new EQ and some work done on the headstock (its cracked)

jeff

13. Terry_R

Terry_R

Aug 5, 2006
    Canada
    Id rather forget about my Corsair.

14. Dincrest

Dincrest Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    I used to own a Samick Fairlane 6-string that I got used for a steal. At first I was hesitant to try it because I always associated Samick with "cheap, junky." However, that bass played, felt, and sounded great. And once I had Rick Giarmo install a flip-up Carvin battery compartment on it, it was awesome.

I sold it because I really don't have any use for a 6-string (back then I thought I did).

http://giarmo.com/Rick Giarmo /pages/Testimonials 1.html

I think ever since Greg Bennett took over the designing, Samick's quality has gone way up and I think their current line of basses are some of the best kept secrets out there.

The Cobra and Tabu basses are awesome. And the new Delta is dead sexy. http://samickguitar.com/bassportal_delta.html

15. natasmi

natasmi

Apr 30, 2002
    [​IMG][/IMG]

16. policyvote

policyvote

Jul 31, 2006
    Holt, MI
    My first and only bass for . . . what, eight(?) years, I sold my trans red Samick Valley Arts fiver just a few months ago. She looked fantastic, sounded good, and played like crap. the neck profile was perfect, but the neck itself was not straight and the fretwork was atrocious, literally the worst I've seen (I didn't know anything when I bought it). The pickups were decent, but the "active" preamp . . . ugh. Bart made a special upgrade package for it that I often contemplated but never pulled the trigger on it. I DID upgrade the bridge to a Hipshot, and I also had the frets dressed--twice. Still . . she looked great and sounded nice, and she was my first and only for a long, long, time.

I sold it to my former drummer, and I made him promise never to sell it without offering it back to me first. However, I just got fed up with the fret buzz and noisy electronics. I'll have to dig around to find a picture . . .

17. to head south. HeadSouth

what is your fret board? rosewood or ebony?

18. very nice instruments for the price - both bass and guitar. What many don't realize is that Samick's factories actually build quite a few of the instruments that have other brand names on them by the time they get to retail stores here in the states. It's called ghost-building, and it is common given the way the factories are set up in Korea, Indonesia and elsewhere.

Don't be afraid of a Samick instrument - solid quality for very little money.

Currently I only own a Samick guitar - an Interceptor II (Greg Bennett design)...fabulous instrument that cost less than $200 - good build quality and great sound...always gets comments.

Jay

19. ya i know a lot of people around where i live think that samick is crap, thay allways say "wow your bass looks and sounds really good" " who makes it?" as soon as i say samick thay think its crap.(even tho they just said it looked and sounded good) i dont know why? my 6er is one of the best basses i have ever picked up!

jeff

20. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston
    I'm pretty sure that most of the Korean Epiphones were built by Samic, or in the Samic factory.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021