1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The "Ugly" Bass Rig Thread!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by de la mocha, Sep 12, 2008.

1. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    NEW JERSEY
    Post your "ugly" bass rig here! I want to see dirty, 20 year old cabs that been through hell, Bass heads that fell on the floor and have a crack in it but you still gig with it, home made cabs with no paint or carpet, mix matched speakers from rival companies, I want to see cabs and heads that have been through hell and back twice but have a sound that can't be beat!!

Show me your ugly bass rigs!!! Here's mine:

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
  3. levis76

levis76 Seconds from getting ba...

Apr 14, 2007
    Metro Detroit
    Ugly as hell and bulletproof. Wish I still had pics of my Hartke stack. The carpet on the cabs was all balled up, the grilles were rusted, the head was missing several EQ slider knobs, and it only had half of the volume knob due to a long fall from the top of the stack (not my fault, drunk singer tripped over my cable) after which I went out and bought the Road King case I still have today.

4. Interceptor

Interceptor

Mar 29, 2005
    Madison, WI
    My current rig.

1972 Fender Bassman. It is in wonderful shape electrically, but a mess cosmetically. It is staying as it is.

Attached Files:

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Looks good to me, bro.

6. ghiadub

ghiadub Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2006
    Auburn, CA
    Here is my little 23 year old. The stickers started a long time ago, I think they are holding it together.

DSC03588.

7. Hah, Hoppy brewing.

8. Interceptor

Interceptor

Mar 29, 2005
    Madison, WI
    Thanks Jimmy!

It is my second Bassman 100. It is apt to be my main amp for the rest of my career.

9. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    NEW JERSEY
    Awesome, keep them coming.....

10. jjhardy

jjhardy

Mar 11, 2007
    here's mine, which i've also posted in rigs of doom thread. the head and cabs are all quite mismatched and tacky looking (though i prefer it that way), and the 410 is pretty beat up. also, i had the trace on it's side for this shot which looks pretty awkward.

Attached Files:

11. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    Rig looks cool but the Practice Cave could stand a maid.:eek:

12. jjhardy

jjhardy

Mar 11, 2007

hahaha

13. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    There be some sweet rigs there folks. I still got some old stuff, but sadly my old automotive body work and detail skills, and compulsive behaviour causes me to start getting bugged when something gets beat up, so there I am regluing torn tolex and messing around with touchup work as soon I can. I appreciate seeing these fine gig warriors. Thanks!

14. DRay521

DRay521

Aug 2, 2007
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Your "ugly" bass rig is the exact one I've been looking for. I want to find one exactly like that. Ugly or not, you've just given me GAS. Thanks.:atoz::D

15. wallybill

wallybill

Apr 4, 2007
    Tuscola, Il.
    Here's my old '64. I still play through it every day.

B15-64.

16. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    NEW JERSEY
    Beleive it or not, I got rid of my goldline cabs for this!

17. I actually use my Trace 1518T on its side, my 410 is exactly the same width as the trace on its side so it makes my stack look nicer.

18. Edword

Edword Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Detroitish
    traynor_BigB.

19. selfblessed

selfblessed

Dec 29, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    I don't think that rig is ugly...maybe misunderstood.
    GO SUNN!!!

20. Mr. Seay

Mr. Seay

Nov 8, 2007
    La Quinta C.A.
    me and my uncle built this(mostly my uncle)

sounds AMAZING!!!!! but sadly the speakers were gutted for another cab:crying:

Attached Files: