1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The ultimate Dream Pedalboard!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by vyse933, Apr 20, 2006.

1. vyse933

vyse933

Mar 31, 2006
    Grand Haven, MI
    Ernie Ball volume pedal jr
    Peterson strobostomp virtual strobe tuner
    Weeping Demon wah
    EH The hog guitar synthesizer (to be used as octave pedal)
    English muff'n
    Big muff pi
    Boss EQ-20 advanced Equalizer
    EH bass micro synth
    Marshall GV-2 Guv'nor
    Boss RT-20 rotary speaker sound processor
    danelectro reel echo tape simulator
    EH 16 second delay pedal
    EH flanger hoax
    EH the holiest grail reverb
    EH stero ploychorus
    danelectro free speech talkbox
    EH small stone phaser

There you have it folks..it's what to me would be the ultimate pedal board. Expensive as ****. Now i might be missing a couple effects..or some effect up there ^ might be repeated..or some of those pedals should be replaced with better ones, but oh well, haha. But yeah anyway, what are some of your "dream pedalboards". do any of you have your dream pedal board? is there anything that should be added to the list? anything that could be changed? or any other comments appreciated.

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    My dream pedalboard would be six of everything ever made.

3. dude, you would need a parking lot to field all those EHX pedals, man do they have quite the footprint! Love em, but its a BIG love!

4. if their size is an issue use a loooper or simular and maybe have the tweakable ones on a table at hand height :cool:

5. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    mooger1.

6. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I'd have that fooger station.

7. It's not the space that's a problem, it's the weight! My guitarist and I carefully weighed all our pedals so we didn't make boards that were too heavy! The first incarnation of his board weighed almost 30kg (about 65lbs!) That's roadie territory if you ask me!

Hell, if I had a custom built studio with acres of space, then yeah, I'm with tpylons!!! :bassist:

8. I am going to throw in a few pieces of rack gear, but i would have a
    Sansamp RBI
    Electrix MoFX
    Electrix Filter Factory
    2 Lexicon MPX G2s
    Line 6 Echo Pro
    Line 6 Filter pro
    Looperlative
    Proco Juggernaut
    Dan Armstrong Green Ringer

what would be put on the floor would be something different, probably a few of those MIDI floorboards with the 10 footswitches and two expression pedals built in...maybe 5 of them :)

9. funk_dat_jazz

funk_dat_jazz

Mar 10, 2006
    might aswell have a go :
    roland gr-20
    boss ceb-3 chorus
    boss ph-1r phaser
    ehx bassballs
    line6 delay modeler
    digitech jaman
    ernie ball volume pedal

in that exact order

10. I think anyone who knows my setup would already know that my dream board is timmy c's...for now, i'll just come as close as possible

11. My dream pedalboard is buried somewhere in the post your pedalboard thread.

12. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    i'm pretty happy with mine now..... but i'll never, EVER stop collecting pedals. so i'm with that tplyons guy, mang.
    by the way:

boss tu2
    mxr phase 90
    mxr dynacomp
    tech 21 3-button bddi
    EH POG
    tech 21 xxlb
    EH bass micro synth
    EH bassballs
    mxr smart gate
    boss dd6

is what i'm running with now.
    i dig it. but i want a HOG, too. and a little big muff. and a qtron+. and a frequency analyzer. and everything EH. everything moog. i want everything. all of it.
    NOW.
    yeah.
    and when i have it all, i'll start making my own.

13. Hmm

I'm just going to say one of every type (ie one flanger (BF-2), one tremolo, one chorus...) of pedal, a couple of distortions, like 4 delays. That'd do me.

14. BASS -> Boss Tuner -> 3-way-looper-> Boss Bass Chorus-> Line 6 DL4-> AMP

LOOP I (OD): Digitech Bass Squeeze Compressor-> EHX English Muff'n
    LOOP II (FUZZ): Zvex Wooly Mammoth-> EHX Tube Zipper
    LOOP III (DIST): Boss Metal Zone-> Digitech Turbo Flange

15. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Don't forget about the external foot switches and expression pedal for the HOG and 16-second delay!!!

16. babs1234

babs1234

Apr 19, 2006
    PHOENIX, AZ
    i think i would keep it simple and have a flanger, a phase 90, and maybe a wah but im not too crazy about the other effects such as distorion and digital delay.

nick

17. Funkzfly

Funkzfly

Jun 15, 2005
    Yeh, I agree with the above ^^

Can everyone actually justify having up to and around 10 - 15 pedals? I can't see myself having any use for them...especially as a bass player. I'm not trying to cause arguments, I'm really just curious.

In fairness, I use effects with one band I play with, but only one band and that's it, and I use 'em sparingly. I think Tim Commerford and alike has clearly had a big influence on a lot of people on this board.

18. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    I can't justify an uber board with any of my bands, but my current board is plenty for my needs. Lately, I've been doing a whole bunch of Overdrive into Phase, and of course chorus and reverb are always on.

I've thought about adding a Microsynth, POG or HOG, and a decent flanger as a separate board, but for now, that's not really in the works.

19. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    I'm becoming more and more happy with my current setup...

Boss TU2
    Aphex Punch Factory
    By-Pass/Looper
    (Loop out)
    Emma Discumbobulator
    MXR M-88 Bass Octave
    (Loop Return)
    EH English Muff'n

I have an Alesis Microverb 4 in my rack for modulation and delay effects, but I really don't use it very much.

At his point, I have zero GAS for more pedals. Amazing, but true.

20. not every band needs bass effects, but some do :)
    In my Blues rock band that is quickly disintegrating into the abyss of drugs and alcohol that my guitar player and drummer are getting into, all i really need is a distorion (juggernaut) and maybe a chorus...
    however, in my ambient/experimental/loop band or in my solo ambient/experiemental/circuit bent/loop projects having a lot of effects can really help fill out (or hollow out) sonic space, so having a variety of effects can be benificial to your band :)

sure manring doesn't even really need more than two effects for his solo gigs, but then if we all could play like manring, manring would be so special now would he? :)