Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Upcoming Bass up

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Greg Johnsen, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    Hey, I'm planning on going to the bass up this sunday, and I was going to go to the clinic that Adam Nitti is hosting. I love his songs and the way he plays so I'm really psyched about going. The question I wanted to ask though, is do you guy's think he would mind signing my bass? It's a brand new six string and I'd love it if he could sign it.

Does he usually sign basses? Or does he not like to?

Thanks

greg

2. I don't know that he is routinely asked to sign basses, but Adam is one of the coolest guys around. all the cats preforming at BassUp are great. if you hit Trip or Darren up for autographs, tell 'em Stew says 'hi'. actually you can tell Brady I say 'hi' as well. don't know that Adam remembers me or not, but we both used to have forums on another bass site.

great performers across the board. you're in for huge fun!

Stew

3. Nitti's gonna rip. I have know idea what the workshop will be like. I took lessons from him and that was always pretty laid back. He's a very humble guy, so I think he world be happy to do it. I don't think he would mind at all.

4. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    I'll be there as well as I happen to be in ATL this weekend. I will pass on the words Stew :)

You guys feel free to say hi if you see me, I'll be wearing a Schroeder shirt, so shouldnt be hard to miss hehe.

5. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Adam is one of the coolest most humble guys I've ever met. He'd probably be thrilled to sign your bass.

6. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    I was out of town this last weekend... What did I miss?

7. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    You missed me being IN your town this weekend hehe.

I only got to see Trip's clinic, and a portion of Adam's as I had to catch a plane back home. Its really too bad. I would have loved to enter the raffle for the two KSD's, not to mention hearing the rest of Adam's clinic and the performances that night I missed.

Trip's clinic was cool, he played some neat stuff, but I didnt really learn much if anything, cept that he likes GK stuff, and is kinda funny at times, especially his sprockets accent hehe.

Adam's clinic seemed to be a lot more informative (I didnt see him play a song or anything while I was there), and more geared towards my level of play or just above. He was in the process of explaining soloing some when I had to leave.

Also, the ATL Bass Gallery is a dangerous store if you have money. You may want to avoid all the amazing gear there :)

8. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    nice. :smug:

Yeah I live walking distance to the ATL Bass Gallery, so you can guess how hard it is to be as broke as I am... Oh BTW, that is where I got a chance to try out the Skjold SC5 for the first time!

The owner of that Gallery, Jim, is a great guy... next time you are in town you need to check out his personal Fodera SC5... it is really to die for!

Adam is a great instructor and real cool cat to chat with. His approach to lessons is real personable and on everyone level.

... wished I didn't miss that one, I was at my grandma's 80th b-day bash.

9. wish I could have been there, too! one of these days I'll be clogging rooms with superfluous low end again...

:D

from the temporarily silent depths,

Stew

10. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    BTW Stew, I did say hi to Trip for yas. He said they were all praying for ya and glad you were safe. He had heard about your escape already :)

11. thanks, man! we got to talk for a minute when I was still in TX. glad to hear he's out and kicking bass butt! I'll probably manage to catch up with him about the same time I get to call you... sorry!

:(

Stew

12. Well I thought the whole thing was tons of fun. Adam played great and my time seeing Trip and Shane was definately a treat. Everyone who got on the stage ripped. Be sure to be at the next Bass Up. Only down side, someone won a bass, which was cool, but the first words from his mouth were, Oh, and I'm a guitar player. I was bummed.

13. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!

that's too funny.
    :p

14. Thanks guys for your comments on BassUp! and special thanks for coming out! We'll be back next year around the same time.

So what would you guys like to see happen for the next show? Any suggestions?

By the way, like I said at the show, the guy that won the fretted bass is not a "guitarist" anymore...he's a bass player now ;)

Hey, how about that kid, Drew, who won the fretless!

darren

15. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Thanks for putting it together Darren. I was glad I was able to be in town on a radom visit to a friend while it was going on. I didnt get to stay very long as I had to hop a plane back to Dallas, but I had a good time.

16. It was definitely all my pleasure putting BassUp! together.

You guys think I was trying to bring together the bass community of Atlanta, but I really just wanted to hear all these players at the same time ;) . This was the only excuse I could come up with to make this happen :) .

Juneau, hope you drop by Atlanta for the next one! Glad you caught a little bit and had a good time.

By the way, photos of the event are up at www.bassup.net . Check 'em out if you get a chance.