1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Wall

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by iriegnome, Sep 24, 2010.

1. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I just got home from Chicago and seeing Roger Waters perform THE WALL!! What a mind blowing show. Simply sick! From start to finish the band rocked and the show was incredible!!
    If he is coming to you town, go see it. You will not regret it. Also, it is worth it to spend a little extra money to stay out of the nose bleed seats, even though it was still awesome!:bassist:

2. I just finished reading yet another story about "The Making Of The Wall" in the most recent issue of Guitar Player. Is anyone of note in the band this time around?

3. giacomini

giacomini

Dec 14, 2008
    Florianopolis - Brazil
    Endorsing: Copetti Guitars
    I really, really, really hope that the tour extends low down here to Brazil, because I missed the 2 occasions he played here in the last years and I can say my life won't be complete until I see RW live! :cool:

4. Slax

Slax

Nov 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    My Drummer is going to see this when it comes to NY. I'll pass him along the good review.

5. I'm gonna see it in May 2011, I'm expecting it to be the greatest musical experience in my life ... Hope it will live up to the expectations.

6. drteeth

drteeth

Apr 1, 2008
    Leuven, Belgium
    I'm going in May 2011, and I am already psyched about it! :hyper:

7. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    I'm seeing this show in Philadelphia in November. Looking forward to it!

8. you lucky SOB. I want to see The Wall, it better come out as a live DVD/CD if i cant see it.

9. Tampabass

Tampabass Going Viral By 2080 Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Tampa
    I know you are, but what am I?
    Good story on the tour and interview with Waters in the new Rolling Stone. Wish that I could justify $150 to $200 for a mid-level ticket. Shame I can't. Don't these touring "rock 'n' roll" artists know there's a Recession going on?

10. drteeth

drteeth

Apr 1, 2008
    Leuven, Belgium
    **** 200 dollars?! I paid 55 euros for my ticket...

11. Tampabass

Feb 16, 2006
    Tampa
    for my local show - the mid-level range tickets. I exaggerated a bit, but ... almost $100 for the least of the mid-levels, and more than $200 for the best of the mid-levels. You COULD pay somewhat less for the third (worst) level, but I'm not paying $65-$75 for nose-bleed seats. IMO, major artists need to do a LOT better at reigning in ticket prices during this tough economy. No excuses.

2ND LEVEL OF 3 LEVELS
    US $94.20 - US $207.40
    US $94.20 (US $77.00 Ticket + US $17.20 Fees)
    US $207.40 (US $187.00 Ticket + US $20.40 Fees)

12. Tampabass

Feb 16, 2006
    Tampa
  13. Jawbone

Jawbone

Jul 15, 2010
    Humboldt County
    Can anyone confirm that Gilmour is playing the west coast CA) shows?

14. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    :eek: What what what?!?!?!

15. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    It's rumored that he may make a surprise appearance at at least one show during the entire tour, and nobody knows which show.

I'm taking my 12yo son to the Houston show, it'll be his first concert. I got my tickets on a pre-sale direct from RogerWaters.com, and they had a better deal than the other pre-sale at Live Nation. My seats are in the lower section directly facing the stage, and these sections were only obtainable thru the pre-sale at RogerWaters.com, and they were only $99. The other pre-sale at Live Nation only offered the lower section seats on the left/right side (not directly facing the stage), and they were $150.

16. I would only go if Gilmore was playing. RW is nothing without Gilmore.

lowsound

17. Subrage

Subrage

Oct 30, 2006
    Kansas City
    Saw it Sat night here in KC. Great show!!!