This is really weird

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Help' started by d8g3jdh, Feb 19, 2006.

1. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Ok, this is hard to explain, but here goes.

My talkbass seems to be running behind whats actually happening. For example, I'll click on a thread that, say, has 21 replies (just over 2 pages) but when i get to the thread it'll only go up to post 17 or something. I can get around this by clicking on the "goto last post" button, but it's still a little annoying. when I look at, say, the off topic forum from the forum list, It shows that thread x should be at the top of the list, but when I go inot the forum it shows thread Y at the top, when thread Y is older than thread X. Also, I made a thread a little while ago, and now I can't find it! It was asking about the something awful forums, and so it may have been deleted, but I am more inclined to think that the screwiness that is occuring when I'm on talkbass is at fault. Bassically it feels like it's lagging.

I'm not sure if I explained this right, but do you have any suggestions?
  2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    It sounds like you may be viewing cached copies of some forum pages. I wonder if your ISP caches websites that its users frequent? Or, your browser may not be getting the latest 'real-time' version of the page. Doing a page refresh in your browser would confirm or rule out this hypothesis...