1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

this sucks.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Shmelbee, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Shmelbee

Shmelbee

Mar 28, 2005
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Ugh. I'm just venting here I guess. I have this group of guys that I really like to play with, but only got to one time at All-State Jazz Band last May. They've been scheduling gigs and stuff all over that lower part of the state, and I can never get to them because I don't have a CAR..

I hate this! :mad:

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

I always say on here, that if you're going to play bass - then the one essential is a car - I don't think I would have done 99% of gigs without the ability to transport my stuff. Play flute and you can get to the gig by bicycle...:p

But bass ...

3. The bass is a selfish bedmate though. :D

4. Shmelbee

Shmelbee

Mar 28, 2005
    Sioux Falls, SD
    A car shall be mine, soon....very soon.

5. I recently got a car after years of not owning one. I have to say it's changed my musical life and personal life immensely. Traveling with the double bass on the NYC subway is a drag, plus now I can take two or three gigs in a day (which doesn't happen too often, but has). It's also nice to have the freedom to get out of the city for a day trip.

6. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    SoDak is more truck country, no? But I hear you, I passed through SD a coupla times... probably not a state where you would want to be without wheels for too long.

7. Shmelbee

Shmelbee

Mar 28, 2005
    Sioux Falls, SD

Sure, there's tons of trucks for the farmers and people with huge SUV's (like the hutterites) but, in my opinion, a lot more people like to drive cars. Personally, I'd like a small hatchback to just fit my bass and a small amp into, maybe something like a Focus...? I got approved for a student loan that I should be getting next month, so I hope I don't have to wait too much longer.