Thumb Pot Troubles

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fingerman, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Has anyone else had probs. with the push/pull pots on there thumb or other Wick,Mine is a 95 Bolt,great bass,but I've changed the pot out twice and she is getting nasty again,frustrated to a point where i'm thinking of going back to good old passive. Cheers
  2. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    Have you been getting the pots from Warwick?

If not I suggest you do so. Warwick has great customer service and they will take care of this for you.
    They might request that you have to order a new pot through a dealer but it should be at no cost.
  3. Yes, both times Warwick pots at full price. :bassist:
  4. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    I purchased a new Thumb Bolt-on 5 a few years ago and after getting it home I noticed an intermittent LOUD poping noise when you tapped on the master volume push/pull pot. I called Dana B. Goode and they stated that they had gotten a bad batch of pots in the past and sent me a new pot to replace it. Assuming that the pot isn't defective, you should be able to pick up some tuner cleaner from Radio Shack and correct the problem. Just spray some into the opening above the pot terminal board and work the knob back and forth several times (also spray some into the switch assembly and work the sw. back and forth). The tuner cleaner will continue to clean if you work the knobs back and forth a few times prior to each time you play you bass.