1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Thumb rest for warwick

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by HotTubesGrooves, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Has anyone here fitted a thumb rest to their warwick? If so, pics please! Considering fitting one to my Streamer, but if I do I think I will make one out of maple to match the top.

Sound like a good idea?

2. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Don't do it! Just rest on the pickup or the string. That would be a terrible sin to put a rest on it...

3. I dont think I'll bother, as there is no going back if I drill holes in it. If it wasnt a jazzman it would be less of an issue, but because the neck pup slants its not very comfortable to rest on. I'm re-learning floating thumb technique as we speak (its been a few years since I've played a P bass and needed it though).

4. seanlava

seanlava

Apr 14, 2005
    my bass is not a Warwick, but it does have the natural wood/oil finish going on. I made a thumbrest from one of those self adhesive rubber bumpers that you put under a piece of furniture to avoid scratching the floor. I cut away some of the material to make a shelf for my thumb, then stuck in in position. (sorry for the ATROCIOUS quality of the photo) It stays in position quite well, and when I want to, it's easy to remove, with no damage to my instrument.

Attached Files: