Thunderbird bass stand?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by billy_dynamite, Dec 29, 2003.

1. billy_dynamite

Dec 27, 2003
    I was wondering if anyone knows of a guitar stand that will hold a Gibson Thunderbird properly?
  2. Thain

Dec 27, 2003
    Mine is made by Quick Lok. It has adjustable holders in its legs so that you can balance Thunderbird properly. I'm quite sure other brands have such as well. Look for something that has a hook that goes around neck below nut so your bass won't fall forwards.
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The Ultimate Genesis will work for any guitar or bass, no matter how radical the shape, as long as it has a headstock. This is what I use on stage.

4. billy_dynamite

Dec 27, 2003
    Thanks for tha help, I'll order one of each.
  5. 15hertz

Mar 26, 2004
    My friend has a Hercules stand that looks really sturdy and grabs the guitar by the neck and also the theres no strap or anything, its like a claw at the top that with the weight of the guitar it locks in place. Pretty slick.
  6. MyDogBo

Aug 25, 2002
    what he said .. :D :D musicians friend online slightly over $20 bucks ..
  7. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    I have one of these. It seems to work very well. Anybody know if there is any problem with hanging a P bass from the neck for extended periods? I tend to leave my basses in the stands so I can go down and grab one whenever the muse hits me (or I am getting too stressed).
  8. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    I have two Ultimate stands. I always have one of my basses supported by one of them.
    They are great stands, with no issues. I've been using them for the past 6 years or more.