1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Thunderbird Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TBird1958, Feb 18, 2014.

1. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    I'm using a Rumble 200c- Love it. 140w w/ internal 15" spkr, 200w w/ 8 ohm extension.

JJR58, Larry V, Count Bassie and 2 others like this.
  2. RedVee

RedVee

Dec 24, 2014
    Australia
    What do the EMGs bring you ?

Blackmore plays lute now doesn’t he ?

@GonePlaid drives a R200

JJR58, PillO, Dr_Feelgoood212 and 5 others like this.
  3. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    And 2 men and a boy to move it.

JJR58, ToddOfThunder, PillO and 3 others like this.
  4. Bill Kron

Bill Kron

Aug 26, 2018
    Good luck acquiring a Hamer FB IV ( that's what they're really called. They're rare, and getting very expensive.

5. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Abuser of Thunderbird Shaped Objects. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
    Very rare for sure. Super lucky to have two FBIV's.

6. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Mesa used to make 1 with 4-10's and a 15. Yeeesh!

7. Chucky Stiletti

Chucky Stiletti Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2017
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Remember those Kustom cabs with three 15s?

MCF, GBassNorth, GonePlaid and 4 others like this.
  8. I like it. It breaks the Gen Pop rules about speaker sizes. It sounds good to my ear, but to each their own. Response seems to be very flat and it carries a low B string easily.

Like all Traynor gear, it is built to survive touring, so it isn't light. It is 85lbs, so similar in weight to a well built 410. It has about the same cone surface area (106%) of a 410. I think the target market is someone who was going to buy a 210 and a 115 - put into 1 convenient (?) package at about 75% of the weight of the two cabinet solution. They seem to sell at about the same rate as 410s at L&M.

9. Those are beautiful basses. I’ve been looking into Hamer and I like their basses, now if I could get my hands on one of their birds I would be happy!

10. Wasn't McCartney using those at some point?

I never played through one, but I liked the thought of the neighbour's reactions...

11. Ahem.

12. What are the green strings?

13. Yes, but it was for the amusement of a van passing motorcycles on the Nurbergring rather than providing any useful information. I'm sure that few people would actually try to drive any van like that.

Plus Sabine Schmitz is easy on the eyes.

RedVee, GBassNorth, GonePlaid and 4 others like this.
  14. If you look at the 7ender website, there is very little information on the Rumble cabinets. Given the paucity of information, I think MSRP of a new unit is the place to start a comparison. And making assumptions about the consequent comparable value of the BOM is a reasonable approach because there is no other data to compare. Price is not the same as quality, but there is usually a good correlation.

15. The EMG’s bring the THUNDER! The stock pups were not too bad but these with 70-140 Heavy Bass Boomers are what I wanted for the music I was doing.

RedVee, GBassNorth, GonePlaid and 2 others like this.
  16. Light jazz? Acoustic trio? Folk?

RedVee, MCF, GBassNorth and 3 others like this.
  17. A89469F3-EE58-470C-A22B-8FE07F529BD7.
    I almost got one of these but I’m sticking with my Hartke 410 for now and I’ll probably add a 115 to it later. Sorry but if I got off subject here.

18. Thrash Metal Lol! I’m not in that band anymore though so I’m thinking of trying out some La Bella Deep Talkin’ Bass tapewounds just for the hell of it.

RedVee, GBassNorth, GonePlaid and 5 others like this.
  19. I thought thrash metal ended when Metallica cut their hair....

:laugh:

20. I’ve seen one of those they look like they would melt faces for sure.

GBassNorth, GonePlaid and PillO like this.