Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thunderfunk In the UK

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Nov 24, 2005.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Basically who has one and is there any chance I can come hear it :D

I'm struggling at the moment with my new amp choice and as we UK TB'ers know you can't try Thunderfunk in the UK as it's not stocked so if any one can help me out I'd really appreciate it.

I'm in the Manchester area BTW

Cheers

2. Flanker

Flanker

Feb 12, 2002
    UK
    I have a Thunderfunk 550 with 2 Accugroove Tri112's in Milton Keynes area.

No probs.

3. Bigwan

Bigwan

Feb 22, 2002
    Ballymena (hey)
    Thunderfunks are CLASS!!!

I base this on having played Flanker's Thunderfunk for a whole 20 minutes... great piece of kit. If you like Plug'n'Play then it is the ultimate. 2 knobs is all you need!

Of course I went with an Aguilar AG500SC myself, but if it doesn't please when it arrives (soon hopefully!) it'll be replaced by a TF550 in very short order!

4. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    TaySte - Not too many people don't like Thunderfunk once they try them but they are easy to flip in case you don't like what you hear! My 420 is a permanent part of collection.

Most excellent rig, Flanker :bassist:

5. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Actually you'll find that over on this side of the pond they will be quite difficult to move on, and I don't fancy loosing X amount in depreciation if I buy new, don't like it for what ever reason and then sell it.

Also couldn't use Dave's 7 day period as it would cost me alot to ship it back to him and at that point I would have had to pay the import duty all in all it would cost me half the amps worth to return it once I'd paid tax.

I also doubt if Dave will allow the 7 day period overseas as it would cost him in Taxes if it was returned I would presume

6. I have two Tri112L's as well, fantastic cabs. Can you give a review of how the TF sounds with them as it is a head I am looking at if I go for a second head as a contrast too my Clarus.

Thanks

Matthew

7. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    Your money and ears, bro. Best of luck with your gear search!

Peace,
    Ken

8. Bigwan

Bigwan

Feb 22, 2002
    Ballymena (hey)
    The only thing I can say is go and try Flanker's Thunderfunk and make up your own mind. I got a really good deal on the Aguilar head or I would have bought a Thunderfunk. I can guarantee you will not be disappointed by a Thunderfunk - I was gobsmacked...

9. Flanker

Flanker

Feb 12, 2002
    UK
    He must have something against Milton Keynes? :confused:

10. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Not at all mate it's just a 3 hour train ride and haven't got a full day to spare as of yet, but I appreciate the offer

11. Jules Forcella

Jules Forcella

Aug 28, 2005
    Frankfurt a.M. / Deutschland
    Endorsing Artist: AccuGroove
    I'm also interessted what Amp is going to please my two AccuGroove Tri112's - maybe a Thunderfunk :cool:

or an Euphonic Audio Iamp - has anyone a request ???? :hyper:

Greets, Julian