1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tips for re-installing mojo?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Plutonium244, Feb 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Plutonium244

Plutonium244 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Hi everyone, I wonder if you can help.

I have a bass that I liked quite a bit, but I thought I would try and make it even better be upgrading the mojo. I ordered a brand-name mojo enhancer, but it just didn't work! So, now I have removed the new mojo drive and am trying to get the old mojo back on it, but it doesn't seem to fit any more.

HELP!

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Did your old mojo shrink during cleaning?

ThePresident777 likes this.
  3. Plutonium244

Mar 29, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Like my mind, over time I think the mojo gets warped. Getting the mojo out is easy, but getting back in is apparently pretty hard. Maybe I just need to shape it with a ball-peen hammer.

4. Plutonium244

Mar 29, 2015
    Wisconsin
    And honestly, @bholder, if the mojo had shrunk, then it would easily fit back in, so your answer/question was really unhelpful.

5. The problem is obvious. You attempted to replace your mojo drive with a mojo enhancer. Despite the fact that the names sound similar, they are very different, and not interchangeable. If you're just not up to performing the delicate operation, or are lacking the proper mojo tools, then you can always pick up a Lovekraft Mojo Drive pedal. Not only is it a quick and easy fix, it's also suitable for metal.

I would also like to mention the Sire line of basses for no particular reason.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  6. Plutonium244

Mar 29, 2015
    Wisconsin
    You have blown my mind.

47th Street likes this.
  7. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    They serve the best mojo in New Orleans. Chicago isn't bad, but I don't care for deep dish mojo.
    (hey! there is a band name Deep Dish Mojo.)

8. Michael B

Michael B

Dec 16, 2015
    Lowell, MA
    Is this a new euphemism or code word for tort?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  9. rufus.K

rufus.K

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    You need to use the enhancer WITH the drive.
    If you take the drive out and put in an enhancer, the enhancer will have nothing driving it. Maybe you should have just upgraded the Mojo drive before deciding you needed a mojo enhancer

10. Ajapses

Ajapses Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2013
    Cleveland, TN
    Can't figure out Madden football
    Throw it out. Since you've discarded the real Mojo...(oh, yes you did)...the best you can hope for is "Vintage Reproduction", "Lovingly Restored", "I had no idea that cleaning it would hurt", or "Clever People, those (insert ethnic group name here)". Don't you watch Antiques Road Show???

11. Kevnn4

Kevnn4

Mar 19, 2015
    SF Bay Area

"Righty Tighty... Lefty Loosey!"

Lowendtech and rufus.K like this.
  12. Plutonium244

Mar 29, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Now you're just bragging.

I also notice there is like a little tuft of mojo stuck in the cavity. It likes kind of melted. I am afraid I will never get my mojo working.

13. Plutonium244

Mar 29, 2015
    Wisconsin
    I used to have mojo, now I have lessjo.

14. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I bet you left the trim ring for the mojo enhancer in the hole where the old mojo went. It took me half a dozen times making that mistake before I put a backwards mojo reminder tattoo on my forehead. Now, when I shave at my workbench I see the mirror and smack my forehead (like I coulda hada V8) and remove the trim ring.

Badahbing. Like a glove.

15. Plutonium244

Mar 29, 2015
    Wisconsin

The trim ring! Dammit, I can be so spacey sometimes. I see there is also half a ham sandwich and a glob of some kind of goo in there from the time I re-soldered the mojo drive modulator plug while watching re-runs of I Dream of Genie.

Thank you talk bass! You are all very tehcnically inclined.

hintz and Nobody like this.
  16. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Sorry man, but once you remove the original mojo, it will never be the same.

pcake and Plutonium244 like this.
  17. Danomo

Danomo Guest

Apr 25, 2013
    I'm thinkin', contact Austin Powers... He's got experience with this.

hintz, BassAt33 and Plutonium244 like this.
  18. Plutonium244

Mar 29, 2015
    Wisconsin
    I bet putting a new tort pick guard would add at least a little mojo.

Maybe I can put this pic on it and get some FloJo mojo.

EDIT: Whoops... looks like FloJo mojo ran out in 1998. My bass is a 1999 model. Retro mojo won't fit in the new spot.

4b2d3d49d86b7df18118e2d25eb17df031df4745.

hintz and Danomo like this.
  19. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Tort and mojo are two entirely different things and if not installed correctly in the right order
    by a skilled luthier with voodoo experience you could really screw things up.

You will need a feathered headress, a wooden tribal mask, a magic staff and a sacrificial
    chicken to do it properly.

thespoon, hintz, Plutonium244 and 2 others like this.