1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Trace Elliot AH1000-12 questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Evanseveneleven, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Evanseveneleven

Evanseveneleven

Aug 23, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: DR Strings
    Hi

I have just bought an older AH1000-12 GP12 as a backup head to my V6 which has been in repair since June. I posted these questions in the Trace Elliot thread, but didn't get any bites, so I thought that I would try a new thread.

I didn't get a footswitch, and it is designed to use a 5 button one. Will the newer 6 button switch that comes with the current AH1000-12 work with it or do I have to trawl ebay for an older one? There is one on there now but they wont ship outside the UK.

It has a single Speakon connecter that is labeled as biamp only. Is it safe to use this with anything other than the BFC?

The speaker outputs are on XLR connecters. If I want to make XLR to Speakon cables for the AH1000-12 what would be the pin assignment?

Cheers

Evan

2. Evanseveneleven

Evanseveneleven

Aug 23, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Nobody knows whether the current BFC-6 will work with an older AH1000-12, or what the correct pin assignment to make an XLR to Speakon Cable?

3. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
  4. Evanseveneleven

Evanseveneleven

Aug 23, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks for that. I have tried British Audio Service, and they were unsure whether the new switch would work and they haven't even seen an older AH1000-12. Thanks for the link to Trace Elliot too. I was unable to get that from my computer. When I visited the TE website and clicked CONTACT, it redirected me to the Australian distributer and not to Trace Elliot. I'll send them a message now.

Cheers

Evan

5. alec

alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
    Stagebeat have confirmed that the BFC-6 works with the AH300 and any TE head that has an 8 pin DIN footswitch.

BFC-6 Trace Elliot Footswitch