Trace Elliot Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ZenBass, Oct 20, 2003.

1. My Current rig is

Trace Elliot 1048 4x10
    Trace Elliot 1518 1x15
    Trace Elliot 130SMC Head with GP7

b9_3.

I am having big problem with power ratings as i know i am driving my head far far to hard, because the power rating on the head is only 75w a channel into two 300w cabs, I bought the head with me small Trace Elliot 1x15 and its lovely.

For gigging i need a bigger head as for the past few gigs my head has come off the stage at the state u could fry and egg on it.. (not good at all)

I love Trace Gear and i love the tones, very warm and very fat (although my dream is to have a full EBS rig with a Fafner head yum yum or a Trace Elliot Valve State Series with V-8 Head), My question is should i go for the

Trace Elliot AH300-SMC or
    Trace Elliot AH500-SMC or

interms of sound they are same, but the power outputs are bigger obviously, is it better to have a head with a power rating that matches the cabs (bareing in mind i dont have dasiy chain cabs together) or is better to have that little extra umph!!...

Any help would be appreciated....

2. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    Go for the power.300w. is cutting it close,500w. is just about right for about any kind of music.I had an RAH 200 that I liked alot but it didn't have the power to keep up.Getting the 500 might hurt the pocketbook for a while but you won't regret it later.