Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trace Elliot Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ZenBass, Oct 20, 2003.

1. My Current rig is

Trace Elliot 1048 4x10
    Trace Elliot 1518 1x15
    Trace Elliot 130SMC Head with GP7

[​IMG]

I am having big problem with power ratings as i know i am driving my head far far to hard, because the power rating on the head is only 75w a channel into two 300w cabs, I bought the head with me small Trace Elliot 1x15 and its lovely.

For gigging i need a bigger head as for the past few gigs my head has come off the stage at the state u could fry and egg on it.. (not good at all)

I love Trace Gear and i love the tones, very warm and very fat (although my dream is to have a full EBS rig with a Fafner head yum yum or a Trace Elliot Valve State Series with V-8 Head), My question is should i go for the

Trace Elliot AH300-SMC or
    Trace Elliot AH500-SMC or

interms of sound they are same, but the power outputs are bigger obviously, is it better to have a head with a power rating that matches the cabs (bareing in mind i dont have dasiy chain cabs together) or is better to have that little extra umph!!...

Any help would be appreciated....

2. Go for the power.300w. is cutting it close,500w. is just about right for about any kind of music.I had an RAH 200 that I liked alot but it didn't have the power to keep up.Getting the 500 might hurt the pocketbook for a while but you won't regret it later.