1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Traynor TC 808?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AKJ, Jan 5, 2012.

1. AKJ

AKJ

Jun 30, 2011
    Hey guys. I can't seem to find any reviews anywhere for the Traynor TC 808. None of the gear stores I frequent ever have them either - it's a special order item, so I can't test it out myself. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this cab. I'm curious as to whether the 8" speakers can really deliver the low end without mudding it up. I LOVE the TC 810, but I would also love to save a bit of money and actually be able to load it into my car without having to go see my chiropractor after...

I'd be powering it with an ampeg svt 4 pro, so basically I'm trying to figure if an 808 is a viable option or if I should just suck it up and spend the extra for the 810?

Thanks all.

2. Bassguy1

Bassguy1

Feb 10, 2006
    U.S. - Midwest
    Phil Jones Bass (PJB) uses mulitple 5" speakers in his cabs and they deliver big time. Can't see why 8" would not do the same IMO.

3. AKJ

AKJ

Jun 30, 2011
    Hmmm... Anyone else have any thoughts? I'm also considering the Ampeg 810E, which would probably be the best pairing for my SVT 4 Pro. I've never really used anything other than 10s and 15s, so my inclination is to stick with what I'm used to, but the 808 is an awesome deal comparatively.

4. I owned and gigged one for a couple of years. Very good cab. Handles the low B at high volumes well and has a real strong low mid thump. Not a very hi fi cab by any means - as I discovered when a/b testing against other cabs. Ver y loud and very well made.

I sold it due to the weight.

5. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    Had it for a while. Indeed a great cab for your needs as you mentioned. Go for it, you will like it. The 8'' will deliver a very punchy Tone with the SVT-4. Enjoy !

6. Yorick

Yorick

Nov 10, 2006
    I've used an SWR Henry 8x8 cab before and it was a thunderous wee beasty, not too huge either :D

7. AKJ

AKJ

Jun 30, 2011
    Thanks guys. I think I might just go for it. I'll let you know how it works out. :)