Trini Lopez, RIP

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Michedelic, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

Trini Lopez Dead: Singer and Guitarist Died of COVID-19 - Variety

The Beatles were opening for him(in Paris)when they received the news that they had scored big in America. His drummer, Mickey Jones(also played with Kenny Rogers/First Edition and constantly played biker type roles in film/TV)had home movies of them performing at their tipping point. Trini had a number of folk/rock/pop hits, and had a special design hollowbody guitar, built by Gibson, that Dave Grohl later adopted.

Dr. Cheese, OldDog52, Andy V. and 5 others like this.
  2. Winslow

Winslow

Sep 25, 2011
    Aw, man! Another legend gone?! :(

3. TheDirtyLowDown

TheDirtyLowDown

Mar 8, 2014
    RIP, Trini!

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  4. RIP Trini.:crying:

5. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    RIP Trini.

6. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    He was the 1st to go down in The Dirty Dozen...right?

RIP.

Dr. Cheese, portpc and RattleSnack like this.
  7. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    RIP Trini.

8. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    Columbia SC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Yup.

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  9. viribus

viribus Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I never actually learned to play very well
    Foo Fighters Pay Tribute to ‘Legend’ Trini Lopez

Trini Lopez, the late singer and guitarist who had hits with “If I Had a Hammer” and “Lemon Tree” and starred in the classic war film The Dirty Dozen, left an indelible mark on the Foo Fighters.

The world lost “yet another legend,” wrote Dave Grohl as news of Lopez's passing spread via through news outlets.

The all-rounder “not only left a beautiful musical legacy of his own, but also unknowingly helped shape the sound of the Foo Fighters from day one,” reads the post on the official Foos social channels.

“Every album we have ever made, from the first to the latest, was recorded with my red 1967 Trini Lopez signature guitar. It is the sound of our band, and my most prized possession from the day I bought it in 1992,” the tribute continues. “Thank you, Trini for all of your contributions. You will be missed by many, remembered by all. RIP Trini Lopez.”

10. viribus

viribus Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I never actually learned to play very well