Trouble posting

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by CoolHat, Feb 5, 2004.

1. This has happened me two times (both in the new forums):

I am logged in. I start writing a post. After writing I try to submit my post. I am asked to log in again. After that I get an error message saying something like "The forum you specified doesn´t exist" (I´m afraid I don´t remember the message very well).

The second time this happened I was prepared; I had copied my post to my clipboard before submitting it, so after the error message I tried again, pasted my original message in the text field and whaddaya know: i got through.

Could this be some kind of time out? My posts can take quite a while to write, since I am not a native english speaker and I like to be thorough, especially when I´m asking something.
  2. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    I've had this problem as well and have lost two lengthy posts as a result. :mad:

Previously, if I hit "Back", what I had written would still be there, but since the upgrade this has not been the case. Is there any way to restore that feature?
  3. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    I've had this problem as well. Are you two guys by any chance using Macs? I don't seem to have the same problem on my office PC, but I do at home on OSX. While I'm down here, I might as well mention that none of the color schemes are showing up in the DB forums, but they work in BG. Odd. One might almost get paranoid about such things if one didn't know one's our fearless leader plays DB.
  4. odie

odie Supporting Member

Chris- I had the same problem. Using Windows XP and I.E. 6.x. I had to log on for each forum I went to.
  5. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Can someone post the exact error message? Thanks.

It smells like a cookie problem. Clear out all your old TalkBass cookies by using this tool:

Make SURE cookies are enabled in your browser and on TalkBass (if you are blocking cookies from TalkBass you get a 'wrong way' sign icon in Windows' IE at the bottom right - not sure about OSX). Load that script, and delete all the cookies it lists by checking them all and hitting the delete button. This will start you out fresh.