1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

True "Yellow" Fender?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by doktersprode, Sep 17, 2008.

1. doktersprode

doktersprode

Jul 1, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Hello all, I'm Matt, and I'm a Fenderholic. (I like other basses as well, I think a Warwick Thumb is pure love.) Anyway, I really like basses that stand out, and I've been trying to find a true Yellow-Submarine-Yellow Fender, with no luck. Not a butterscotch, but a Deli Mustard yellow. If anyone just has a pic of one, you would make my day.

Also, Fender DOES make this colour, but I assume it would have to be a custom order.

:help:

2. Ummmm

On their fender cyclones (sorry guit**) there was a graffiti yellow

cyclone1yellow.

3. It's called Graffiti yellow, I've seen it on Strats, but never on a bass.

That with a matching head stock would need an ebony board or bound maple with black blocks (my favorite).

would look cool in an all girl J-Pop band sort of way.

MM

4. doktersprode

doktersprode

Jul 1, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Same, but at least I have a dreambass now. I think a maple with black blocks would be epic.

Well, J-Pop aside, I think it would make a great J or P.

5. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I know a girl with a P-Bass in piss yellow if thats what you're looking for.

Looks nice when its clean. :p

6. scrove

scrove

Mar 7, 2005
    What about a '51 reissue?

[​IMG]

7. Tease....;)

P2180057.

P2180051.

P2180055.

P2180046.

P2180030.

P2180040.

Cheers.

bholder, davedblyoo and wintremute like this.
  8. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Wow, that is an amazing colour scheme!

9. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    Meany!

10. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Wow, interesting.

I think I like it!

11. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:

Fender did make a yellow finish late 70's, early 80's.
    These basses were shipped overseas.
    Not sold in US.

12. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh PA!
    Search around for a used bass in "Monaco Yellow," sold IN THE USA circa 1977-1980. While this was one of the "International Colors" series (search for corresponding TB thread), that does not mean they were export only:

yellowbass.

13. BBBruno

BBBruno

Sep 17, 2005
    Milford, CT
    This is my Graffiti Yellow P, and yes, it's a lefty (for those lefties who whine about lack of selection for southpaws).

Bart

Attached Files:

14. Hoover

Hoover Banned

Nov 2, 2007
    New York City

I played (guitar) in a band in 1977 with a bassist who had a yellow Fender Mustang bass. He bought it in suburban New York.

15. okTem

okTem

Jul 15, 2008
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Finally i'm in love.. Never seen a girl THAT beautiful!! How desperate i'll be from now on.... :D Good teaser Instagator!!! :)

16. Hamerguy

Hamerguy

Mar 29, 2008
    In a Fender ad I saw a monaco yellow Jazz Bass. The international colors were introduced about 1980/81 and stayed until 1983 when the Standard/Elite series were introduced. Many of the early 80's Fenders still had an S8xxxxxx serial # which led many to believe they had a 1978 bass (the stamp on the neck will tell a more accurate date).

17. Easy8

Easy8

Sep 5, 2007
    Austin, Tx
    That is one sexy beast!

18. Thanks for the kind words everyone.Here's proof that you can put lipstick on a pig!

This P bass started out as a MIJ,mid 80s guitar.57 body and a 62 neck.I found it in a local pawn shop in sad shape.The poor thing cried out to me"If you take me home I'll clean up nice,and one day I'll make you proud"....here's some rehab pics....She sports all black hardware as you can see.Schaller tuners,Badass bridge,Dunlop straplocks,DR Black beauties.Vintage "F" knobs.Curtis Novak handwound pickups.CTS pots with an Angela Inst..047 cap.All paint is nitro for that classic look and feel.

PC180009.

PC180006.

PC180013.

PC180012.

PC180007.

After heat gun stripping....lots of filling and repair.

PC260036.

PC260035.

P2110019.

P2170021.

P2180026.

P2180034.

Thanks again for the kind words"Yellow Bass lovers"..A toast to you all,I think a little lemoncello goes with that,Cheers.

P2190061.

19. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    what kinda paint did you use?? guitar reranch stuff?? so so so......................drools

20. Hey Flea,Thanks.McFaddens sand and sealer.ReRanch primer(The best primer,ever),Krylon Sun Yellow,McFaddens clear nitro.Probably 40 coats,Wet sanded to 2000,Buffed out with Finesse it,than perfect it.

Cheers.