"Trust In Me" by Scott whitley

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by piccolo_whitley, May 27, 2021.

1. Really excited to share this...

It's the first track from my debut solo release, "In My Shoes". After nearly 10 years sitting on the back burner, I've finally realised my vision.

The track features two of my SWB-1 signature short scale basses - one in standard tuning, the other in Piccolo Bass tuning (all the "guitar" parts are on the piccolo).

I was incredibly humbled to have some outstanding talent join me on the track including Joe Crabtree from Wishbone Ash, Christian Madden from Liam Gallagher's band, Janet Whitley on BVs and a full horn section arranged by the super talented Greg Harper!

Hope you enjoy listening to it as much as I enjoyed making it.

Scott.

Scott Whitley: Lead Vocals, Backing vocals, Bass Guitar, Lead & Rhythm Piccolo Bass Guitars, Percussion, Drums
    Christian Madden: Hammond Organ
    Janet Whitley Backing Vocals
    Adam Bidgood: Trumpet
    Joe Martin Trumpet
    Paddy Higginson: Tenor Sax
    Liz Nightingale: Baritone Sax
    Greg Harper: Horn arrangements

BargeOn, MrLenny1, 12BitSlab and 2 others like this.
  2. TexasThunder

TexasThunder

Mar 4, 2018
    Texas
    Very cool. Congrats on the release!

3. pjbassist

pjbassist Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Wayne, IN
    @piccolo_whitley WOW!!

That. Was. KILLER!!

Nice work! I feel like I could watch you perform that on Jools Holland tomorrow!

So catchy, so much hook, just stellar! That Bari Sax, the bass solo, the horn arrangements! Dang!

4. twinjet

twinjet Powered by GE90s; fueled with coffee. Staff Member Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    WOW! THAT was a HOT take!

Successful projects like this are why I specifically asked to be assigned to the Recordings forums. I always look forward to the next great track that'll make my day. Great work! Definitely sharing this.

5. MrLenny1

MrLenny1 Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    Very nice and a tune that goes 5 minutes.

6. BargeOn

BargeOn Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    CNY
    Great tone from that Chowny.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 21, 2022