1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tumnus deluxe?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 2010P, Jan 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. 2010P

2010P Banned

May 13, 2017
    Any bass reviews of this pedal?

2. Also interested. :)

3. 2010P

2010P Banned

May 13, 2017
    bump

4. I couldn’t find a bass review for the original Tumnus even after it had been out for some time. I have the original and I can tell you that it’s my favorite pedal on my board. It looks like the two big differences between the original and deluxe are the true bypass option and the added eq options. The changes don’t make me want to get the new one but for the extra $10-20, why not?

Buy the way, I highly recommend the original Tumnus for bass. To my ear, the mids are enhanced a bit and the bottom end is tightened up. I can’t comment on the effects of the added eq controls on the deluxe but I can’t imagine they would hurt anything and I would say give it a try.

Driven Crane and 2010P like this.
  5. 2010P

2010P Banned

May 13, 2017
    Thanks for that post Orion.

6. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    If I wasn't so happy with my dirt pedals I'd order this without hesitation.

7. Just bought a used regular Tumnus, because it was cheap and is small enough to still fit on my board. Let‘s see. :)

emjazz likes this.
  8. bassgroover

bassgroover

Oct 6, 2008
    How did it go?
    I´m thinking of buying one.

9. 2010P

2010P Banned

May 13, 2017
    I ended up trying a regular tumnus in the store and it felt like all my bottom dropped out. That's why I was interested in the deluxe with its bass control. I hope YMMV.

10. I'm really not sure. :) We're sort of on a winter break and I won't get to hear it in a band context for another two weeks. So far, playing on my own (at not too high living room volumes) it's hard to tell for me. Like the Rawkworks Light OD (another Klon-type thing I owned before) I don't really like what it does to my sound, but with a full band it (the Light OD) sounded great. So I'll have to wait it out.
    Thing is that after having gone through a couple drives in the last year, I'm really curious to compare it to a Barbershop again (which is what I used for a really long while before). Maybe I need to get one again.

bassgroover likes this.
  11. bassgroover

bassgroover

Oct 6, 2008
    Are you using only passive basses or have you tried with something with a hot output?
    If so does it fart out with hot output?

12. All I ever use and all I currently own is a passive P. Sorry. No farting with that.

bassgroover likes this.
  13. bassgroover

bassgroover

Oct 6, 2008
    Thank you for your reply!
    Anybody trying it with an active bass or a passive one with hot output with luck?

14. halech54

halech54

Jul 15, 2015
    Richmond VA,
    Sorry to revive an old thread I just got a Tumnus Deluxe, and my girlfriend has the standard Tumnus, could do some sound demos for you guys if you'd like

jak352 likes this.