1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TURNING 50 IN NOVEMBER! AAAAHHHHGGGG!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by gottawalk, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Anyone else feeling weird, or apprehensive about the 1/2 century mark??????? How did you cope?

2. You were born before heavy metal was invented. :hyper:

3. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I think that was the biggest waste of a post i've ever read.

4. I turn 38 in Nov... :)

5. I'm 17....:bag:

All the dudes in Rush are in their 50's but they're still rocking.:bassist:

6. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    What's taking you so long? :D I turned 50 last May. Getting old(er) physically is a PITA sometimes, but the alternative really, really sucks! :eyebrow::smug:

7. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    Turned 30 last weekend. There's not so much you can do about it, the alternative sucks for sure as our Hawaii guy said. :meh:

I'm coping pretty well with being 30. I don't feel like I want to be 20 or 25 again. I've passed that age both physically and mentally so I think I'll be fine. :) But now I don't want to get any older... :bag:

8. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    50? Time for your AARP card and a colonoscopy!

I hit the big 5-0 next June myself. :atoz:

9. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I hit 40 tomorrow so I kinda know how you feel, minus the extra 10 years. :D

10. hey

hey

Jul 8, 2006
    Wisconsin
    I'm 18, so I kinda know how you feel, minus the extra 32 years. :ninja:

11. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    I'm not there yet, but I'm in my mid 40's, so I'm getting there.

Birthday's are no fun at all any more. I really don't like getting
    older. For a variety of reasons.

12. I'm 50 and have pretty much skipped B'daysfor years now. I'll notice the date and see that it's coming up and then notice the date again a few days after.

I see B'days and hollidays as somewhat arbitrary. You can have the best day of your life on any old day and have a completely terrible day on a holiday. I've had a lot of really awful times around Christmas/New years.

13. WickedPissah

WickedPissah

Jan 22, 2008
    Boston
    Uhm...good luck with the colonoscopies and such.

14. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    I just smiled and said ' Thank God I made it this far.' and in spite of whatever troubles I had experienced, or were going through, I took stock of the many great things I'd been blessed with and with that in mind I face my future for good and bad. Life is one heck of a ride, but I'm glad I'm still around for the adventure. I wish you the best on your 50th !

15. I hit the mark in January :meh: I keep doing things I couldn't afford as a kid. Basses, RC cars and planes, bass tournaments. I'm going to start counting back down :D

16. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ
    +1

“The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it? A Death! What's that, a bonus? I think the life cycle is all backwards. You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work. You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities, you become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating...

...and you finish off as an orgasm.”

- George Carlin

17. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    That's basically how I look at myself ... as an 18 year old with a budget. :D

18. well, my gf's dad just turned 50 and he's marrying a 34 year old floosey.

Basically what i'm trying to say to you is - now is the time in your life where you can waste money any way you want to - mid-life crisis! (if you already had a mid-life crisis this just means you get to out do yourself this time with a more expensive car and a chick with bigger boobs).

19. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Hey, us older guys need chicks with bigger boobs because our eyes aren't what they used to be. :D

20. Scarlet Fire

Scarlet Fire

Mar 31, 2007
    New England
    FoldingWalker.