twiggy ramirez or marilyn manson....bleerg!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Toony, Dec 15, 2001.

1. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    I remeber seeing Twiggy(Geordie) when he played guitar in a local thrash metal band. He was very good, I have no idea what happened...

2. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I don't think any of the guys would call themselves "gay" -- although, they do partake in some "gay activities" at times. I think the entire band lives by the mantra, "If it feels good, do it -- who cares if it's with a man or woman!"

What's with all the homophobia on TalkBass anyway? That's the second time in about three weeks that someone has tried to make an issue out of someone else's sexual orientation.

3. I don't think Manson is gay, I mean he was going out with Rose Mcgowen. (Hooting and Whistling in background) More proof that no matter how ugly you are... rockstarin' gets you the chicks!

4. Homophobic. That's another overused word, IMO. First of all, I'm not afraid of or uncomfortable around gay people (although I disagree with them). Two, I've never actually known of someone that thought that gay people were a threat to them (a homophobe). Three, what's with all the "He said gay! Homophobe!" stuff? It was merely out of curiousity, i assure you. Let's just get off the subject..

5. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I think Twiggy is actually a pretty damn decent bass player. He also writes the music for Manson, which I think is amazing.

As far as Manson going towards techno, his earlier records were more towards the industrial side. (I know Trent Reznor produced some of the early material) ACSS was really the most "rock" record he made.

6. Well a lot of people instantly assume he's gay because he does some messed up stuff. So he wears makeup and thongs and whatnot. That doesn't instantly make him gay... wait, why am I defending Manson?!?! AHHH I've turned into my friend Jon... I have to go!

7. Yeah, but I really like that stuff. And i like his great 6/8 songs.. they rock. Holy Wood is a good CD, no doubt, but I'm crossing my fingers for his next album, which he described as "sexual" and "electronic"...:confused:

Anyway, Twiggy is pretty damn good if he writes all the music for Manson.