Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Two mics, a mixer , and an amp

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by godoze, Feb 7, 2005.

1. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    I want to use my Solstice into my GK head. Is anyone using a mixer/pre with an amp instead of with a powered cabinet ?

2. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Just go into the effects loop. I haven't really been a fan of the GK preamp stage. Bypassing it by going into the effects loop gives you a cleaner sound.

3. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Thanks Adrian !

4. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    I used to use a PMB-II into my iAmp 800 all the time with great results. Shouldn't be a problem with the Solstice and GK head.

5. bassame

bassame

Mar 25, 2004
    Brooklyn NY
    I've been using the Presonus Digitube Equalizer with the GK and it works pretty well. Plugging it into the "return" of the effects loop is not so good (in my opinion), it sounds kind of midrangy, but with sufficient twiddling of the parametric knobs I can get a useable sound, and its quite a bit louder before feedback then going into the GK preamp (incidentally I use the Schertler DynB). Going into the pre-amp has a more pleasing sound if I turn down the bass completely, and barely turn on the treble, high mid and low mid. Then I turn the output volume on full (!) and use the "gain" as a volume control. Still, not much volume this way.