1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tyre kickers!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassclique, Jan 21, 2012.

1. bassclique

bassclique

Sep 28, 2011
    What is it with these tyre kickers who think they can get you down on your bass? Especially, when you don't really want to sell it and placed it on Ebay on a whim? I especially love it when they quote you a brand new price that is totally unrealistic... Yet, they can get the bass for that. Why not just pay the extra couple of hundred $$$ then and get the warranty? Tyre kickers are the most amusing people i have come across in ages.

2. Flyingfrets

Flyingfrets

Dec 25, 2011
    No offense, but I find it pretty amusing when people list things they don't really want to sell.

IME, they usually have an unreasonable expectation what their gear is worth, so the tires get kicked from both sides.

3. bassclique

bassclique

Sep 28, 2011
    Yeah, you're right. I thought i wanted to sell it, but then changed my mind. I don't wanna kick no tyres, so i'll take it off.

4. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    What's a tyre?

5. Hi.

They're doing the same exact thing You're doing, putting out a feeler. All part of the game.

When You gain more experience about doing business with used items such as MI gear, you'll understand.

Something people are tyred about?

I personally wouldn't go down on my or anyone elses bass, nor would I try to trick anyone to do that.
    Must be a law against that sort of behaviour. Somewhere ;).

Regards
    Sam

6. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
    Personally,"feeler" threads annoy me. You're either getting rid of it,or you're not. That simple. There shouldn't be a "kinda".

7. Hi.

With readily available mass produced products like the OP most probably has, I do agree with that "simplicity", but on the wonderful world of trading with more exotic/rare stuff, a feeler may be the only thing to "appraise" the item in question. Especially in a difficult economical time we have ATM.

Like I said it's a game, people either get it or they don't. IMLE most of them don't, but still feel the need to play the "wise-guy". Has happened to me on more occasions than I'd like.

Regards
    Sam

8. michael_atw

michael_atw

Feb 28, 2009
    Jamestown, NY
    I had a guy last week on Ebay tell me he can get a Deluxe Active Jazz V (MIM) for $442 new at Guitar Center. I responded to him a link, showing the GuitarCenter.com new price of $799. Needless to say, didn't hear from him again after that. Dbag.:spit:

Believe me, when you sell enough stuff on Ebay as I do...you stop caring about people's feelings and wish you can laugh in their face in person. :scowl:

9. michael_atw

michael_atw

Feb 28, 2009
    Jamestown, NY
    "feeler" is a another name for, "I want to see how high I can price this and get interest."