1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

U-clips for fishman

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by bill spangler, May 7, 2004.

1. bill spangler

bill spangler

Mar 4, 2001
    Albany GA
    Does anybody know where I can acquire some new "felted U-clips" for the fishman BP-100 pickup.

2. mje

mje

Aug 1, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Fishman will sell you a set, but their web site suggests hot melt glue is actually a better way to mount the pickup. And a friend who worked for Larry Fishman assembling pickups way back when he was first making the BP-100 suggests that superglue is ever better.

3. I think Lemur Music also sells clips.
    When I had a BP-100, I "glued" it with some glue film provided by Fishman when I complained about the muting effect of the clips.

4. bill spangler

bill spangler

Mar 4, 2001
    Albany GA
    Thanx for the info: I may try the hot glue trick. I don't want to use super glue b/c it would be more difficult to remove the PUP.

5. mje

mje

Aug 1, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    I used the hot glue- they pop right off- no residue. My friend who worked for Larry says that superglued elements pop right off too, but I haven't tested this/