Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

U-clips for fishman

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by bill spangler, May 7, 2004.

1. bill spangler

bill spangler

Mar 4, 2001
    Albany GA
    Does anybody know where I can acquire some new "felted U-clips" for the fishman BP-100 pickup.

2. mje

mje

Aug 1, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Fishman will sell you a set, but their web site suggests hot melt glue is actually a better way to mount the pickup. And a friend who worked for Larry Fishman assembling pickups way back when he was first making the BP-100 suggests that superglue is ever better.

3. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
    I think Lemur Music also sells clips.
    When I had a BP-100, I "glued" it with some glue film provided by Fishman when I complained about the muting effect of the clips.

4. bill spangler

bill spangler

Mar 4, 2001
    Albany GA
    Thanx for the info: I may try the hot glue trick. I don't want to use super glue b/c it would be more difficult to remove the PUP.

5. mje

mje

Aug 1, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    I used the hot glue- they pop right off- no residue. My friend who worked for Larry says that superglued elements pop right off too, but I haven't tested this/