1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

U.S. Peavey Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Soundchaser11460, Sep 26, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Millenium Preamp -
    Someone must have an existing one that has the same WideQ, compressed with midshift.

I have Aguilar, Demeter, Bart none are in this realm (and yes, I prefer the Millenium over Custom Demeter)

mb94952 and JEDI BASS like this.
  2. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    As of today USPS has had my Claro Walnut Cirrus 6 in their hands for 12 days. 12 days and they still have not moved the bass from North Carolina to Texas. Pony Express was faster than this. For 6 days tracking has read "In Transit to Next Facility. Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility."

This happened several years ago and I inquired at the main PO and was given the same information that is on the mediocre tracking on the website. There is nothing to be done but wait........and wait.........and........

tindrum likes this.
  3. JEDI BASS

JEDI BASS

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    IME, they’ve lost it. You’ve got a 50/50 chance that it shows up. I never... NEVER... EVER ship a bass via USPS! One time shipping and several times receiving (waiting) was enough!!! FedEx or UPS is all I use. If a seller says they only use USPS, I look elsewhere. Sorry to sound like Debbie Downer. But, I speak from experience.

USPS is fine with small stuff like pedals and pickguards. But, leave the basses to the pros.

4. Chuck M

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    They have not yet lost anything shipped to me but they did once take a full month to deliver a Roscoe 6 string. It arrived in perfect condition so I suspect it sat in a corner somewhere along the way.

It is insured so it won't be a total loss if it is not delivered. I still think it will show up.

TinIndian and JEDI BASS like this.
  5. JEDI BASS

JEDI BASS

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    Hoping the best for you.

A month for a Roscoe? That’s too much stress for me LOL! My big money basses arrive within 7 days every time with the other shippers, most come in 4 days or less. And the funny thing is, USPS costs more in my experience.

6. Chuck M

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    That is interesting. I have found that shipping a bass UPS or FedEx is about $100 these days while USPS is about $60. However, I recently took a bass to USPS to ship and the clerk (guy I have never seen before) quoted me $170 for insured shipping and told me the box was too big for Priority Mail. I went to another PO branch and shipped the bass insured Priority Mail for $102. That was a strange deal.

By the way that is the bass that went from San Antonio to Helena and was delivered in 4 days.

tindrum and JEDI BASS like this.
  7. I've owned a shipping company ... things rarely get lost... they do become mysteriously side tracked for a while

Last year I hand delivered a Cirrus to Greyhound... they couldn't figure out what happened between my hands and the bus.... eventually, it surfaced again.

tindrum and JEDI BASS like this.
  8. Chuck M

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    tindrum, JEDI BASS, Raw N Low and 6 others like this.
  9. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS Supporting Member

Chuck - Did you get that from the Smithsonian ???? I've NEVER seen one nor did I know one existed in that condition. WOW !!!!! Jeff Berlin would smile, as you are.

10. Chuck M

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    TinIndian likes this.
  11. That's sweet @Chuck M

Mine is the same amber finish. It's in great condition though marred by some fool selecting timber with a very noticeable knot :thumbsdown: Could have been placed in the "spray red" line but no out it went clear as day.

tindrum likes this.
  12. RJ-IV Bridge Tip
    I totally feel like a dope. We're aware that the RJIV has a bridge design flaw.

I always am cautious discussing the bridge as a hack could destroy the saddles.

A good test is to shim the end-button side of the bridge - dang am I a dope.

PeaveyPlayer likes this.
  13. In what way is there a flaw ?

14. PeaveyPlayer

PeaveyPlayer Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Yeah I’ve had no problems with my RJ IV

15. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    Aussie Post is delivering through bushfire smoke quicker than your USPS at the moment, so hopefully you'll get your Cirrus soon, although last year it took a month for a delivery from my neighbouring state 450 miles away to get a bass delivered and that was without bushfire problems. Hang in there Chuck.

JEDI BASS, Chuck M and TinIndian like this.
  16. Raw N Low

Raw N Low If I can't hear it, hopefully I'll feel it Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    That's stinks Chuck. I hope the bass is ok and makes it's way to you. Truthfully, they all suck.

17. Raw N Low

Raw N Low If I can't hear it, hopefully I'll feel it Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    TinIndian and Chuck M like this.
  18. JEDI BASS

JEDI BASS

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    I think that’s part of the problem... inconsistency. I’ve taken the same packed bass to USPS and was quoted something absurd like $160 to ship 2 states over. Then, took it to UPS and paid less then half that. I’ve heard that USPS was cheaper from friends who’ve shipped basses. But, my experiences burned me on them.

I may take the next bass I sell by my PO just to see what they’d charge. They’re less than a mile from my house and it’s only another mile to the UPS hub I always ship from. So a comparison won’t be hard.

19. JEDI BASS

JEDI BASS

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    True. But, I’m fresh from 2 lost deliveries. One is a USPS hoodie that my fiancé ordered for her daughter, delivered New Year’s Eve but our cameras show no such delivery. Never got it, no idea who did. The next was our dog food from Chewys that was dropped off down the street at a vacationing neighbors door. 2 days later, another neighbor noticed the box, checked it out, asked around, and we eventually got word where it was. I felt like a thief walking up on their stoop to grab a box LOL.

tindrum, TinIndian and Runnerman like this.
  20. Runnerman

Runnerman Registered Bass Player Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 14, 2011
    Sales Development Manager NN Inc. - Polymet, USA manufacturer of fret wire
    I try to buy/sell locally so I can avoid instrument shipping. I just don't feel comfortable with all the horror stories you hear on TB...but its probably a small number over all. I like to play the bass first anyways.

Funny though, I've never played a Peavey that I didn't like and ended up buying all of them. :rolleyes:

JEDI BASS and Chuck M like this.